Compatability Question with SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD, ThunderBolt 2 and my iMac 21.5” Late 2012

Compatability Question with SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD, ThunderBolt 2 and my iMac 21.5” Late 2012. I getting this cable and adapter.

1.) Thunderbolt 2 Thunder Bolt 2 Port to Thunder Bolt 2 Male to Male Video Data Cable and the

2.) Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.

Will it work?

I will be using it to back up my old iMac with Time Machine and then reformating the existing 480 GB internal SSD drive that I replaced in the iMac 21.5” Late 2012 Computer.

I want to reformat the internal 480 GB SSD Drive a do a clean Mac OS Catalina install to see if i can fix some issues i have been having before i migrate over to a much newer 27” iMac.

I wanted to get a newer USB-C external SSD Drive (Sandisk SSD Drive) that I can also use on my newer 27” iMac.

Please let me know if I will have any compatibility issues with my old ThunderBolt 2 iMac Late 2012 computer\ and the Sandisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD.

Thanks,

RobertnBoulder

Hi @Robertnboulder
Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting: