clip+ microSDHC not detected HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just bought clip+ 2gb 1 week ago. but microSDHC 8gb useless. sometimes the sansa ‘flower’ logo stucked. sometimes stuck at ‘refreshing media’. sometimes can load the player,but no content in the card.

so i tried with another microSD 2gb, it’s good.  i’ve try to find solutions in SanDisk forum but nothing helps. i already formatted with windows 7. but can’t use SD Formatter cause it said the card is not supported (??). the 8gb card can be used with my phone.

i’ve checked the 8gb card using “h2testw”… it’s good

so HOW? i think sansa clip+ got many problems la…if i found out before, sure not buying it… =_=

i found out many clip+ users got this problem w/ microSD

anyway, any help or suggestion will be such wonderful service from SanDisk Gurus. 

no one reply ???

I make it a point never to respond to any posts with that many exclamation marks in the Subject line.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Are you sure that the microSD card is genuine?  If it can’t be formatted with the SD Formatter, something seems up …  You might try formatting it again with the Formatter/using Windows or some other formatting tool to reformat, and then trying the card again.

i’ve already formatted using windows. also not working. if the card is corrupted, then why h2testw’s result is OK

Is the player set to MSC for the usb mode? Did you try putting the card in a card reader and loading it, then putting the card in the player? Make sure the player is off when inserting or removing a card. Are your tags Id3v2.3 ISO8859-1, which the player needs?

what is the tags (id3v2. 3…)? yes,MSC mode. other 2gb microsd can do good but not that card.

@barber wrote:

just bought clip+ 2gb 1 week ago. but microSDHC 8gb useless. sometimes the sansa ‘flower’ logo stucked. sometimes stuck at ‘refreshing media’. sometimes can load the player,but no content in the card.

so i tried with another microSD 2gb, it’s good.  i’ve try to find solutions in SanDisk forum but nothing helps. i already formatted with windows 7. but can’t use SD Formatter cause it said the card is not supported (??). the 8gb card can be used with my phone.

i’ve checked the 8gb card using “h2testw”… it’s good

Did you use the 8gb card in your cellphone or another device before trying to use it in the clip+?

I read that some cellphones and, possibly, other devices, can add data onto the card, sometimes password protection on it, and that will make it unuseable in other devices. 

One solution that worked for another user was to insert the problematic card into their phone (or the other device) and remove any protection that the phone placed on it and then format it on the phone.  The user then formatted the card, using a card reader, with the SD formatter.  After that the card worked on the sansa player.

done. not working. i already said that method

SOLVED. rockboxed it. now it can use microsd 8gb. wee~

ROCKBOX ROCKS !!

@barber wrote:

SOLVED. rockboxed it. now it can use microsd 8gb. wee~

ROCKBOX ROCKS !!

That’s a work-around; the original problem is not solved. But since you can use it and are happy, that’s the important thing.

Yeah. At least i can use it and happy. But the only problem now is when connecting to pc. Sometimes it hangs when connected and need to be resetted. Need to try 2-3 times until can successfully connected.