Can't you use WMP 10/11 to analyze the volume of mp3 files?

Can’t you use WMP 10/11 to analyze the volume of mp3 files?I don’t like media monkey that much and im very used to the interface on WMP and its controls.So,can’t I use WMP to analyze the volume of mp3 files so that I can take advantage of the replay gain feature on the sansa fuze!

And another question,im not a massive downloader I have about 600 songs.After I update the firmware(April/2009) do I need to format the device?

Thanks,

SR

There are two advantages to formatting using the onboard format  command: it will optimize the Fuze’s memory with 32KB cluster allocation, and it will reconfigure the device’s database for the new higher song capacity.  To take advantage of the new capability, your Fuze need be formatted only once.

Your Fuze will still play just fine without having re-formatted.

Remember that formatting erases all media from your Sansa, so you will have to reload your music, photos, and video.

µsansa

Sorry for the trouble but i need to clarify your point.

You mean whether i format my player or not after the update will i get the 8000 song limit rather than 4000?

Thanks,

SR

I would like to know also.If I have a 8gb microsd card the card SHOULD be removed before format correct? TIA

@marksj wrote:
I would like to know also.If I have a 8gb microsd card the card SHOULD be removed before format correct? TIA

I formatted mine with the card in and it only formatted the internal memory. I erased the card too, because I wanted to completely reload my Fuze, but only formatting the internal is necessary, provided your files are not corrupted. 

I’ll make it short: it is recommended to format the device after this firmware update, whether you need the 8000 file limit or not. Remember to back up your data first, and yes, remove the card to avoid problems.

@SR-rox: WMP and iTunes do not support Replay Gain, neither analyzing nor playing. That means, files analyzed using MediaMonkey show no effect when played on these players.

Other Replay Gain scanners

So what would happen if I set the replay gain values using media monkey and sync them using WMP10/11?

Will replay gain work in the fuze after syncing through WMP10/11?

Thanks,

SR

@sr_rox wrote:

So what would happen if I set the replay gain values using media monkey and sync them using WMP10/11?

Will replay gain work in the fuze after syncing through WMP10/11?

Thanks,

SR

If you’re that attached to WMP11, then just forget about Replay Gain. Just because it’s there doesn’t mean you have to use it, you know. :wink:

Sorry for the trouble but what if i use drag and drop?

@sr_rox wrote:
Sorry for the trouble but what if i use drag and drop?

I think if you drag and drop then the Replay Gain info from MMonkey won’t transfer over…but I could be wrong.