Does my Sansa Fuze have a virus?

I was looking at my fuzes info from the settings and it said i only had 10 pictures when i had well over 70, I saw this after i formatted my fyze so it could use replay gain. Also when i tried to play a song (1000 meere by Tokio Hotel) it didn’t play and went to the next song instead (A Place For My Head by Linkin Park)

Message Edited by Inuyash9738 on 04-14-2009 07:05 PM

Formatting removes all the content you have put on the Sansa. If you format, you empty it.

Can you see the Tokio Hotel song on the Sansa in My Computer? Is it 3-5 MB in size (typical song size)? Can you see what format it is–mp3, wma? There are many reasons songs won’t play, so if you can find it in My Computer (or Computer in Vista) with the Sansa connected, right-click on it, go to Properties/Summary/Advanced and tell us what you see listed. Size, format, bitrate, etc.  

@inuyash9738 wrote:
I was looking at my fuzes info from the settings and it said i only had 10 pictures when i had well over 70, I saw this after i formatted my fyze so it could use replay gain. Also when i tried to play a song (1000 meere by Tokio Hotel) it didn’t play and went to the next song instead (A Place For My Head by Linkin Park)
Message Edited by Inuyash9738 on 04-14-2009 07:05 PM

Formatting doesn’t enable Replay Gain, applying the latest firmware update does. But your tracks need to have the gain information embedded to USE Replay Gain. If they don’t have this info already, you’ll need to process the tracks with a program that can calculate the gain values.

Assuming you have updated the firmware, the main situation in which it’s recommended to format is to recreate the database to allow the new 8000-file limit instead of the old 4000-file limit.