Blank micro SD

I was told I could use a BLANK (EMPTY) microSD Card to expand the capacity of a Sansa Clip+… Say from a Sansa Clip+ 4G add a microSD to expand the Clip+4G to 8G and would I be able to write to said card.  True or False

Thanks for your help

You can do that. BUT the thing you need to know is that the Clip+ will treat it as an addition, but your computer will treat it as separate memory depending on the connection method(In MTP you will see it as 2 parts of the Clip +, compared to MSC where Windows Explorer will mount the Clip+ and the Card as separate Drives). What I prefer to do is load the card apart from the player then add it to the player.

Thank you for your help.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a media slot on this computer.  The only slot I have would be through my printer.  I can try that…but don’t know how far I will get.

Thanks so much…

You can purchase a very inexpensive media adapter that connects to your computer via a USB port.  Try dealextreme.com and meritline.com.

wingsbe2 wrote:

Thank you for your help.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a media slot on this computer.  The only slot I have would be through my printer.  I can try that…but don’t know how far I will get.

Thanks so much…

Like I said you can plug it into the player then connect the player and fill the card as well. Try that and you shouldnt have any problems figuring it out.

Thank You…   I thought I could probably do it that way, don’t have one to try it with yet.  I was just wondering if the kid I talked to was correct in what he was telling me (I had to get him from another department).  I just got a flyer from CostCo this afternoon and they will have $5.00 off the card starting next week :-) 

Thanks again!

In a related question how much of a hit does the battery take when streaming music from the sd card?

Zin_LG wrote:
In a related question how much of a hit does the battery take when streaming music from the sd card?

I havent measured on my Clip+ but on my fuze its not very much at all. If I play from the SD card by itself it might be less than an hour difference.