Belt clip -- any good quality ones out there?

So I’ve been trying to find a belt clip for my Sansa Fuze.  I’d like one that can clip right onto my pants without having to wear a belt.  I saw one on Amazon, but a user review indicated that it doesn’t hold very well unless you’re actually clipping it to a belt.

Does anyone have experience with a belt clip that holds tightly onto sweatpants when running?  I currently use an armband, but it gives me a goofy tanline.  :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’d really like to find one too.

Or even a store bought clip to super glue onto the back of my fuse.

See if this website have what you’re looking for: http://www.daydeal.com/home.php?cat=3339

Thanks Chux – they pretty much have the same belt clips that I saw on Amazon.  Maybe I should just try it – just because it didn’t work for other people doesn’t mean it won’t work for me.

That site does have some good accessories though!

Fiio E5 and velcro. Great portable amp and a clip for your Fuze for only $22.

Thanks Robisan – from that website it’s hard to tell that it’s a clip.

But I found another picture on another site, and sure enough it has a clip.

But can the Fuze be connected directly onto it?  In the picture I saw, the amp itself had the clip on it – but how does the Fuze fit in so it can be clipped on too?  Do you have this thing?

Shelly

Message Edited by ShellyHoff on 08-15-2009 11:38 AM

@shellyhoff wrote:

Thanks Robisan – from that website it’s hard to tell that it’s a clip.

But I found another picture on another site, and sure enough it has a clip.

But can the Fuze be connected directly onto it?  In the picture I saw, the amp itself had the clip on it – but how does the Fuze fit in so it can be clipped on too?  Do you have this thing?

Shelly

Message Edited by ShellyHoff on 08-15-2009 11:38 AM

Some people use Velco, some use double-sided tape, some use rubber wristbands like the “livestrong” type.

I use velcro – about a 1 1/2 inch square on the back of the Fuze and the non-clip side of the E5.  Velcro’d together it’s pretty sturdy – it takes a pretty good tug to pull them apart.

OK, thank you for the advice!  I might try that one out.

Thanks!

@shellyhoff wrote:

OK, thank you for the advice!  I might try that one out.

Thanks!

Keep in mind the one downside of doing this – once you apply the velcro pads there’s no going back. It is possible to remove them, but they’ll probably leave a lot of sticky residue.

Good luck.

Radio shack used to sell a high strength velcro don’t know if they still sell the stuff anymore.

Lee

P.s. they sell it 3m dual lock product  p# 642360.

Message Edited by leemann on 08-16-2009 06:54 PM

@leemann wrote:

Radio shack used to sell a high strength velcro don’t know if they still sell the stuff anymore.

Lee

A good hardware store should have a reasonable selection of velcro sheets and you can usually find some in major drug stores too.

One other note about the E5-velcro setup – do test the E5 with the headphones you intend to use before slapping velcro all over place.  Though the E5 sounds great with most phones, there is a small possibility that it will produce some hiss and/or other coloration of sound through your phones. Head Direct has a 30-day return if you’re not happy and obviously you don’t want useless velcro on the back of your Fuze if the E5 doesn’t play nice with your phones.

@robisan wrote:
One other note about the E5-velcro setup – do test the E5 with the headphones you intend to use before slapping velcro all over place.  Though the E5 sounds great with most phones, there is a small possibility that it will produce some hiss and/or other coloration of sound through your phones. Head Direct has a 30-day return if you’re not happy and obviously you don’t want useless velcro on the back of your Fuze if the E5 doesn’t play nice with your phones.

Yes, the hiss comes into play with the really low impedance phones quite often…you can minimize it by keeping the Fuze volume close to max, and controlling the volume with the E5. Just leave a little leeway, like 5%,  at the top of the Fuze’s volume control, as the volume increments on the E5 sometimes are a little big…having that 5% on the Fuze itself available lets you fine tune your volume level a little bit better. 

I use a product called cliphanger or clipacell, have not had any problems so far.