Backup garbles filename from "IMG_XXX" to (e.g.) "f23aa0c696c47484-photo"

I was trying to fix the issue i found from copying my files to the drive, which was that “~photo” was added to the end of every single image, overriding the original file number. SD support suggested trying the backup feature instead. This completely made a mess of the filenames, changing it from IMG_XX to a total mess of letters and numbers.

PLEASE fix this app so that it simply copies the files without changing their filenames! I have four 256GB drives, and am considering returning them all because of this problem. It makes things really difficult for my work, which requires those original file name numbers to remain intact.

1 Like

Totally agree! This is ridiculous, the backup feature is totally useless with these file name changes.
Here I’ve listed all those issues in my own post: Sandisk iXpand is a total scam!
Please, support and share!

It’s unbelievable that the genius behind this great idea of lets change the filenames for every single thing that was backed up would still be working there. Please fix this. Filenames are there for a reason. The excuse of “being needed for incremental backup” is also bs, you can at least add a suffix with the extra information, IF YOU MUST, but at least give us the chance to sort the files.

IMG_1000.JPG could at least be renamed to IMG_1000_allthegarbageyouwant.JPG

There, problem solved. And you at least gives us a chance to sort things back as they were. This renaming scheme is totally ridiculous, it was devices by an ■■■■■.

Best regards.