audiobooks

Ok, I have a question.  I have some audiobooks saved to my computer (with windows media player) and when I save them to my sansa express they appear in my music file.  My sansa express has an audiobook file on it, but I can’t seem to find a way to access it from my computer to put files in it.  Any suggestions??

@joni wrote:
Ok, I have a question.  I have some audiobooks saved to my computer (with windows media player) and when I save them to my sansa express they appear in my music file.  My sansa express has an audiobook file on it, but I can’t seem to find a way to access it from my computer to put files in it.  Any suggestions??

Only books from Audible.com apear under the Audio Books menu. All other audiobooks are lumped together with music files.

I purchased the Sansa Express as it was recommended to listen to downloaded library books.  I download the book using the recommended software of Overdrive Media Console.  When I try to play it, it tells me the licence is expired when it has not as i have just downloaded it. 

@marcquey wrote:
I purchased the Sansa Express as it was recommended to listen to downloaded library books.  I download the book using the recommended software of Overdrive Media Console.  When I try to play it, it tells me the licence is expired when it has not as i have just downloaded it. 

After you have downloaded the books to your computer, use Windows Media Player to sync the books to the Express.

I believe that you need to use WMP to transfer the DRM licenses to your Express. 

Marcquey, did this help?  I’m having the same problem, but I was already doing what Mr_Moose suggested, so that wasn’t the answer for me.  I’m wondering if you found something else that would help me too.

@calgon wrote:
Marcquey, did this help?  I’m having the same problem, but I was already doing what Mr_Moose suggested, so that wasn’t the answer for me.  I’m wondering if you found something else that would help me too.

Overdrive files are WMA file format with DRM licenses embedded in the files. You can transfer the books to your Express by syncing using the Overdrive Media Console or Windows Media Player. Usually one or the other method will work. If one doesn’t, try the other.

You need to use one of these methods to tranfer the DRM licenses along with the books when you sync your Express. Without transferring the DRM licenses, your files will not play. You also need to have your player in its default MTP mode when transferring files.

If you have already tried both Overdrive Media Console and Windows Media Player to transfer your books, then the other most likely possibility is that some licenses are corrupt. They may have been corrupted during your download from Overdrive or during transfer to your player.

To remove the corrupt DRM licenses from your player you will have to format your player. After you format, sync your files again