$50 32GB Patriot Class 4 microSDHC card (after rebate)

@jk98 wrote:

There  is a restriction against recommending products of other companies when Sandisk has a competing product. Recommending headphones, speakers, or other products that Sandisk doesn’t have a competing product is fine. Even if this isn’t strictly enforced, people should keep in mind that this is a Sandisk company website, and show the proper respect.

From the (abbreviated) Forum Rules & Guidelines:

• No advertising of competitor products or services is allowed.

And from the (more lengthy & legalese-rich) Terms Of Service:

Forum site areas are not to be used for commercial purposes . . .

You agree not to do any of the following actions while using SanDisk Forums:

(5) Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation.

Personally, I see no restriction against ‘recommending’ a competitior’s product. Could a post informing other forum members and visitors of a good deal or limited time offer on a competitor’s product or service that would be of interest to said members and vistiors and might also contain a link to said good deal, product and/or service be intrepretated as “advertising” or “solicitation” (aka spam)? Sure it could.

But, it could also be viewed as just someone trying to help out others by informing them of something of a shared interest. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out if a person has any vested interest or ulterior motive in posting a description and/or a link to a product manufactured by a competitor being sold by a third-party retailer/dealer or if that person is just being helpful and ‘community-minded’.

Besides, there have been plenty of posts (with and without links) and discussions on other memory cards, card readers, mp3 players, etc. going way back and the Administrators or Moderators have not removed or otherwise edited any of them that I can remember.

And I certainly don’t think any dis-respect towards SanDisk was intended, nor perceived.