$50 32GB Patriot Class 4 microSDHC card (after rebate)

32GB Patriot Class 4 microSDHC card, $50 after $20 rebate (+ $2 s/h) - frys.com

http://www.frys.com/product/6464852

And if there is a Fry’s store near you (you can reserve online for in-store pick-up, in that case), the price is $5 less.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Good deal! I’ve got a Fry’s just down the block from where I work. Don’t know as I need another 32GB card at this point in time though. :neutral_face:

@tapeworm wrote:

Good deal! I’ve got a Fry’s just down the block from where I work. Don’t know as I need another 32GB card at this point in time though. :neutral_face:

You could send it to me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately (for my wallet), I’m going to be near a Fry’s later today.   :wink:

The main reason I haven’t bought a 32GB card for my Clip+ is that I already have a 40GB player…my Cowon D2 is 8GB with a 32GB SanDisk SDHC card in it. So the 16GB card in my Clip+ is just fine.:smiley:

So I couldn’t help but wonder, why couldn’t someone like, oh, I don’t know, SanDisk, sell a small cute player like, oh, I don’t know, a Clip+, with 64GB of memory installed (2 32GB microSD cards) with a slot, then, for the option of a 3rd, all for US$125-150?  Now, wouldn’t that be sweet?   :slight_smile:

@miikerman wrote:

So I couldn’t help but wonder, why couldn’t someone like, oh, I don’t know, SanDisk, sell a small cute player like, oh, I don’t know, a Clip+, with 64GB of memory installed (2 32GB microSD cards) with a slot, then, for the option of a 3rd, all for US$125-150?  Now, wouldn’t that be sweet?   :slight_smile:

And powered by a AA battery? I think you’re channeling JK98.

:stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Nah, I don’t want the AA–too much bulk.  But 100GB or so of space–ah, yes!   :)   This has been a bit slow in coming, in solid-state memory.  (Does everything need to wait for the fruit company to come out with, for other companies to see the value (and profit)?)

Amazon has an A-Data Class 4 32gb microSD card for $49 (Amazon is the seller, so free shipping, no tax and Amazon return policy). I’ve had no problems with it in my Clip+.

@miikerman wrote:

32GB Patriot Class 4 microSDHC card, $50 after $20 rebate (+ $2 s/h) - frys.com

http://www.frys.com/product/6464852

And if there is a Fry’s store near you (you can reserve online for in-store pick-up, in that case), the price is $5 less.

:slight_smile:

I can get the card and still get the rebate!  Hooray!  I’m off to my Frys!  :smileyvery-happy:

How appropriate is it to promote a  memory card made by a brand other than Sandisk on a Sandisk message board? Are you trying to remind Sandisk that their cards aren’t always the lowest priced ones? I have seen some Sandisk class 2 cards at very low prices, however the Sandisk class 4 and faster cards usually aren’t so inexpensive.

@jk98 wrote:

How appropriate is it to promote a  memory card made by a brand other than Sandisk on a Sandisk message board? Are you trying to remind Sandisk that their cards aren’t always the lowest priced ones? I have seen some Sandisk class 2 cards at very low prices, however the Sandisk class 4 and faster cards usually aren’t so inexpensive.

I don’t think they ever claimed that they were.

@jk98 wrote:

Certainy, no offense was intended.  Products by other companies have been mentioned and even discussed in the past, and I’m not aware that there is a forum restriction on that.  (But if there is, I’m more than happy to conform.)  This forum has been a liberal place to express one’s views (if done considerately). 

In the end, just trying to help others with a deal (and, not trying to “tell” the good folks at SanDisk anything by it–my hunch is, they already know the market …).  Truth be told, I like and prefer SanDisk memory products–they simply are dependable and work more highly than their ratings would indicate, which always is a superb surprise!–and am happy to note them when likewise on special deals (and, in fact, have in the past).

@jk98 wrote:

Certainy, no offense was intended, and I apologize if anything was inappropriate.  Products by other companies have been mentioned here and even discussed in the past, and I’m not aware that there is a forum restriction on that.  (But if there is, I’m more than happy to conform.)  This forum has been a liberal place to express one’s views (if done considerately). 

In the end, was just trying to help others with a special sale deal (and, not trying to “tell” the good folks at SanDisk anything by it–my hunch is, they already know the market …).  Truth be told, I like and prefer SanDisk memory products–they simply are dependable and work even higher than their ratings would indicate, which always is a superb surprise!–and am happy to note them when likewise on special deals (and, in fact, have in the past).  And hey, for all we know, the card noted on special sale may actually be made by SanDisk, the way this market goes.   :wink:

@jk98 wrote:

Doesn’t matter. Nobody from Sansa sales, marketing or product development ever reads or cares what’s written here. Clearly they don’t view this board as a sales tool or source of consumer information, market research etc. This thread might as well be a tree falling in the wilderness…

(…Adding, I give my flash memory business to other companies in protest over the fact that Sansa won’t offer higher onboard memory capacities. They have literally lost hundreds of dollars I would’ve willingly spent on Sansa products if they’d simply offer higher onboard storage capacity.

Example: When the Clip+ came out I would’ve spent +/-$100 for a 16gb version and probably $150+ for a 32gb version. Instead, when it became clear higher capacity units would not be forthcoming, I spent $30 for a 2gb Clip+ and (at the time) $32 for 16bg uSD card from another company – that’s 18gb for the same price Sansa wanted for 8gb Clip+. I’ve since replaced that with the A-Data 32gb card mentioned above for $49.

While my 34gb Clip+ for $80 is a great deal, I would’ve willingly spent more money with Sansa to have that storage onboard, with the flexability to expand from there to 48 or 64gb total. Instead, the genuises at Sansa have an affirmative strategy to keep my purchases from them down to a lousy $30!

Sorry for the thread diversion, but the folly of your question deserved a longer answer.)

ADATA 16GB Class 6 Micro SDHC Flash Card $25 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211379&Tpk=N82E16820211379

"Certainy, no offense was intended, and I apologize if anything was inappropriate.  Products by other companies have been mentioned here and even discussed in the past, and I’m not aware that there is a forum restriction on that.  "

There  is a restriction against recommending products of other companies when Sandisk has a competing product. Recommending headphones, speakers, or other products that Sandisk doesn’t have a competing product is fine. Even if this isn’t strictly enforced, people should keep in mind that this is a Sandisk company website, and show the proper respect.

Actually, as far as I can tell, there is no restriction on recommending others’ products–the only matter I saw was as to advertising competing products and services (see the forum Rules and Guidelines).  If my original post is deemed to have constituted that–as opposed to providing information and notice of a deal to forum readers (and I have no other connection to the deal, store or manufacturer, btw)–my bad and my apology, again. 

Of course, one should always be respectful to a forum and to a company such as SanDisk that is offering its time, energy and space for that.   :slight_smile:

Actually, as far as I can tell, there is no restriction against recommending competing products–the only matter I saw was as to advertising competing products and services (see the forum Rules and Guidelines).  If my original post is deemed to have constituted that–as opposed to providing information and notice of a deal to forum readers (and I have no other connection to the deal, store or manufacturer, btw)–my bad and my apology, again. 

Of course, one should always be respectful to a forum and to a company such as SanDisk that is offering its time, energy and space for that, which is appreciated.