16gb MicroSD

Can I use a 16gb micro sd card with my SanDisk MP3 player?

Yes, a 16GB micro SDHC card will work. So will a 32GB card. The only caveat is that if you use a low bitrate and a large card, and have short songs, the player might not be able to access all the songs. The player has a song limit of around 8,000 songs, however some have hit the limit with as littles as around 5,500 songs, if their file paths and tags are long. So if you want to cram your player with 64kbps short songs, then you will be disappointed. On the other hand, many of those using a 32 GB card are using 192 kbps or higher bitrate, and haven’t hit the song limit.

@jk98 wrote:

Yes, a 16GB micro SDHC card will work. So will a 32GB card. The only caveat is that if you use a low bitrate and a large card, and have short songs, the player might not be able to access all the songs. The player has a song limit of around 8,000 songs, however some have hit the limit with as littles as around 5,500 songs, if their file paths and tags are long. So if you want to cram your player with 64kbps short songs, then you will be disappointed. On the other hand, many of those using a 32 GB card are using 192 kbps or higher bitrate, and haven’t hit the song limit.

For perspective’s sake, ponder the 32GB SDHC card in my Cowon D2. Foobar2000 tells me the card has 3,999 songs, at an average bitrate of  229kbps, and space used is 29.5GB.

Enough music to play for 1 week, 5 days, 17 hours,  28 minutes, and 15 seconds.:dizzy_face:

For perspectives sake- Take an 8GB Clip+ and add a 32GB card, giving around 37GB of storage. If you fill it with songs at 192kbps, you have around 500 hours of music, which means less than 3% of the music on the player can be played before it needs to be recharged again.

The Clip+ is a great player. It is my favorite mp3 player. I just wish Sandisk would come out with a new version of the Clip+ that is slightly thicker and has double the battery life.

@jk98 wrote:

The Clip+ is a great player. It is my favorite mp3 player. I just wish Sandisk would come out with a new version of the Clip+ that is slightly thicker and has double the battery life.

Thicker? :dizzy_face:

I hope not…and I doubt they would, since “thin is in” with electronics. Many would blame Apple for that, given how every year they trumpet the Touch and iPad being thinner than the last one.

@jk98 wrote:

For perspectives sake- Take an 8GB Clip+ and add a 32GB card, giving around 37GB of storage. If you fill it with songs at 192kbps, you have around 500 hours of music, which means less than 3% of the music on the player can be played before it needs to be recharged again.

I’m trying to figure out what this has to do with the OP’s question? :dizzy_face:

@jk98 wrote:

For perspectives sake- Take an 8GB Clip+ and add a 32GB card, giving around 37GB of storage. If you fill it with songs at 192kbps, you have around 500 hours of music, which means less than 3% of the music on the player can be played before it needs to be recharged again.

For perspective’s sake - I’m trying to figure out what this has to do with the OP’s question? :dizzy_face:

Right, then.

Were we wondering about the 16GB micro SD card?  The Clip+ will work fine with them, just be sure that it’s a card from a reputable source.  The 16 and 32 sizes are good targets for counterfeiters, don’t want you to be frustrated after loading it with 2GB and it goes all wonky.  Be sure to buy from a known vendor.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

And be sure that the seller will allow a return/replacement, if the card proves to be wonky.  Unfortunately, it happens.