Is there an ETA on when the WD Apps are going to work on Sierra?
Every app crashes once opened on 10.12 and 10.12.1 - so my new ‘My Passport for Mac’ is useless until I’m able to config it.
Releasing a new product, but not having it compatible with the current OS is crazy.
You should be able to use your WD Passport with your computer irrespective of WD apps. What happens when you try to drag and drop files into it?
While you can put files on it w/out the apps, I want to set up the encryption, etc…
Our work requires external drives to be password protected.
SBrown
November 2, 2016, 2:43am
4
Hello,
New versions of Drive Utilities and Security for masOS Sierra 10.12 are located here
1 Like
THANK YOU for the update!
loekf
November 5, 2016, 8:28pm
6
Despite the update still not ok for Sierra.
Looks like the WD Utils somewhow damaged my exFAT formatted backup drive.
Uninstalled again…
1 Like
Software works on one Sierra machine and immediately crashes when opening on two other Sierra machines. All 3 machines 10.12.1.
I believe there’s a bug somewhere.
Happy to send you the full crash report if you’d like to see it…
When launching the installer (Security and Utilities), here’s the crash exception:
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'NSConcreteMutableAttributedString addAttribute:value:range:: nil value'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
SBrown
November 8, 2016, 10:25pm
8
PM’d you to receive the dumps
RickObe
December 12, 2016, 4:07pm
9
I had the same issue. I found that if I ejected and disconnected my WD Firewire drive, then WD Utilities would launch okay. I can now use it to configure my USB My Passport drive.
AJHAYES
December 12, 2016, 5:51pm
10
With absolutely nothing connected to the computer except the keyboard, it still does it to me - can even launch the installer.
Furthermore, after a period of time the drive locks itself again (even if I’m working on files at the time) and the only way to unlock it again is to restart the computer.
AJHAYES
December 13, 2016, 9:06pm
11
I was hoping updating my Mac to the new 10.12.2 would fix this, but it did not.
Still crashing when launching the installer .
wtf_1
January 21, 2017, 8:11pm
12
Just purchased a WD My Passport. The associated software happily crashes on Mac OSX 10.12.2.
I have a 30-day return period. My patience might not last that long. WD support it’s your call.
I have 3 WD passport devices (working at home with older macs). I am more than happy to take my business to Seagate.
Here’s your backtrace:
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInvalidArgumentException’, reason: ‘NSConcreteMutableAttributedString addAttribute:value:range:: nil value’
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
Application Specific Backtrace 1:
0 CoreFoundation 0x00007fffc5074e7b __exceptionPreprocess + 171
1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x00007fffd9c5fcad objc_exception_throw + 48
2 CoreFoundation 0x00007fffc50f399d +[NSException raise:format:] + 205
3 Foundation 0x00007fffc6a29e7a -[NSConcreteMutableAttributedString addAttribute:value:range:] + 136
4 WD Drive Utilities Installer 0x0000000103eeeff2 -[LinkButton setUpTitle:withFont:withAlignment:] + 167
5 WD Drive Utilities Installer 0x0000000103ee2a1c -[WD_Drive_Utility_InstallerAppDelegate awakeFromNib] + 709
6 CoreFoundation 0x00007fffc4fed889 -[NSSet makeObjectsPerformSelector:] + 217
7 AppKit 0x00007fffc2aea937 -[NSIBObjectData nibInstantiateWithOwner:options:topLevelObjects:] + 1442
8 AppKit 0x00007fffc2ae1b8e loadNib + 375
9 AppKit 0x00007fffc2ae10d4 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) _loadNibFile:nameTable:options:withZone:ownerBundle:] + 308
10 AppKit 0x00007fffc2ae0e8c -[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:topLevelObjects:] + 201
11 AppKit 0x00007fffc2ae0c49 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:] + 414
12 AppKit 0x00007fffc2adba9d NSApplicationMain + 498
13 libdyld.dylib 0x00007fffda543255 start + 1
14 ??? 0x0000000000000002 0x0 + 2
Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fffda671dd6 __pthread_kill + 10
1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fffda75d787 pthread_kill + 90
2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fffda5d7420 abort + 129
3 libc++abi.dylib 0x00007fffd913285a abort_message + 266
4 libc++abi.dylib 0x00007fffd9157c4f default_terminate_handler() + 267
5 libobjc.A.dylib 0x00007fffd9c61f1e _objc_terminate() + 103
6 libc++abi.dylib 0x00007fffd9154d69 std::__terminate(void (*)()) + 8
7 libc++abi.dylib 0x00007fffd91547de __cxa_throw + 121
8 libobjc.A.dylib 0x00007fffd9c5fdd6 objc_exception_throw + 345
9 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fffc50f399d +[NSException raise:format:] + 205
10 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fffc6a29e7a -[NSConcreteMutableAttributedString addAttribute:value:range:] + 136
11 com.westerndigital.WDDriveUtilityInstaller 0x0000000103eeeff2 -[LinkButton setUpTitle:withFont:withAlignment:] + 167
12 com.westerndigital.WDDriveUtilityInstaller 0x0000000103ee2a1c -[WD_Drive_Utility_InstallerAppDelegate awakeFromNib] + 709
13 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fffc4fed889 -[NSSet makeObjectsPerformSelector:] + 217
14 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fffc2aea937 -[NSIBObjectData nibInstantiateWithOwner:options:topLevelObjects:] + 1442
15 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fffc2ae1b8e loadNib + 375
16 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fffc2ae10d4 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) _loadNibFile:nameTable:options:withZone:ownerBundle:] + 308
17 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fffc2ae0e8c -[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:topLevelObjects:] + 201
18 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fffc2ae0c49 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:] + 414
19 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fffc2adba9d NSApplicationMain + 498
20 libdyld.dylib 0x00007fffda543255 start + 1
JOE_NK
February 16, 2017, 12:38am
13
Having the same problem with macOS 10.12.3. Latest download of WD_Security_Installer for Mac crashes immediately. Same for the WD_Utilities_Installer.
Update. I tried to install in Safe Boot, but it crashed there as well.
SBrown
February 20, 2017, 4:03am
14
Hello,
Try WD Discovery Beta version of the macOS apps
https://support.wdc.com/beta/wddiscovery.aspx
JOE_NK
March 7, 2017, 7:33pm
15
The WD Discovey Beta didn’t really help. When it launches the new version of WD Drive Utilities, , WDU still crashes.
Now that I’ve installed the software, I’m running into this frustrating experience: after a certain amount of time without accessing the disk it will LOCK, and even if I unlock it again I’ll get an ‘error 50’ if I try to open or save the files. The only way to fix it is to restart the machine.
I’ve already unchecked ‘Put hard disks to sleep when possible’ in the Energy Saver prefs in macOS, and turned off sleep in the WD discovery tool.
Is there something I’m missing here? This happened to me with 10.12.2 and 10.2.3 with a My Passport for Mac drive.
WD Drive Utilities (2_0_5_18) do not work under 10.12.5. The software launches but clicking on the test buttons produces no results.
Hamlet
Split this topic
July 3, 2017, 4:59pm
18
A post was split to a new topic: Removed post
Please, don’t buy WD My Cloud, it is way too buggy.