Trouble formating my new extreme por 32GB

I have a Canon EOS 50D camere, and yesterday I bought a San Disk Extreme Pro 32GB memorycard. Took 5 pictures, before I got an errormessage telling me to switch card. Removed the card, and inserted it again. Then I got the message that I had to format the card. Started the formating, but then the message “can not format. switch card” appered. Tried several times with no luck. When I connect the camera to my computer, the computer finds the camera, but says that there are no pictures on it. When my brother puts the memorycard in his Nikon camera, all the pictures are there. He tried formating the card in his camera, but it won’t format there either… Iv’e checked that the card is compatibel with my camera.

Does anyone know what is wrong, or what I can do to fix it? Could it be the card that is defect???

Could be defective. Could be counterfeit. There’s a lot of fake 32GB cards out there. You might alos see if there’s a firmware update for your camera on the manufacturer’s website.

Could be defective. Could be counterfeit. There’s a lot of fake 32GB cards out there. You might also see if there’s a firmware update for your camera on the manufacturer’s website.

I finally managed to connect to my computer, and tried to format it there. But it still wont format. Now I get a message that it can’t format because the card is writingprotected… Going crazy here…