Transferring music between 2 Clips?

Hello,

We are a family of Clip users.  On a recommendation I got one last spring for my daughter, she loved it, altho I could never figure out how to put music on it !!  A friend did it for us.  Several weeks ago, I got one for my son.  After a call to the Tech support line I was finally able to get the music figured out!  It’s amazingly easy, once someone explains it and shows  you.  SO now for Christmas, my kids have given me a Clip of my own. 

Here’s what I’m wondering:  Is there any way to transfer music from my daughter’s Clip to mine?  thru the computer I would imagine.  Can anyone out there offer a suggestion?

thanks so much. 

:slight_smile:

Lisa B in Maine

One way would be to plug in your daughters Clip into your computer then drag and drop what songs you want from her Clip to your computer. Now unplug her Clip, and plug yours into the computer and drag and drop the files to your Clip. Hope this helps and Happy holidays. :slight_smile:

This sounds too easy to be true!

Do I somehow drag her songs over into Windows Media player?  How do I get it to tell me what songs are on her Clip?

thanks for the help.

LisaBinMaine

It’s just basic dragging and dropping between folders (if it’s protected music, you’ll need to do it thru WMP).  Just connect both Clips to the computer; open each up (in Windows, they will be listed under Computer; just double click on them to open them each up) to where the music is/where you’d like it to be (likely, both will be the Music folder); and drag and drop.

Best to listen to Miikerman.  He’s a Clip expert and his suggestions would be faster than what I recommended as well.

Thank you very much.  I am so often amazed at the help you can find online.  I live in a small rural town.  Without that help, I’d be out of luck !!

I will give it a try this morning.  Your directions seem very clear, so I’m sure I’ll be able to figure it out.

Thanks again.

Lisa

@tall_cool1 wrote:

Best to listen to Miikerman.  He’s a Clip expert and his suggestions would be faster than what I recommended as well.

Thanks, tall_cool1; your suggestion works great as well and especially where there’s only one USB port/cable available; I just tried to streamline the process, if 2 USB ports and cables are available.  I often do it your way as well!