Success with Philips 1000mA 5 volt USB AC adapter

Many of you (as myself) have been having problems in charging your Sansa Clips due to low power USB ports (I have a laptop with low power USB). I just wanted to report back to the forum regarding a successful purchase so that you don’t waste your time buying something that doesn’t work.

I tried plugging the Sansa Clip into an ac adapter (400mA) that came with my Katana cell phone and it did not work. It either didn’t charge or did not charge sufficiently. I went to my local CVS drugstore and purchased ($20 US) a Philips PX05006 which is a universal “cell phone” charger. The packaging states Multi-Brand capability and it works great.  Also, I guess I should mention I have the latest firmware…  My Clip works great in Ubuntu Linux, Mac OS X, and Winblows XP…

When plugged into the ac outlet at home, it reaches 90% capacity in 30 minutes and full capacity in about one hour. The battery was completely drained when I first tried it. You may be able to find one cheaper quite easily, but make sure it is 1000mA 5 volt USB AC.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Accessories-PX05006-Multi-Charge-Cell/dp/B000HSEN9E

Message Edited by Goofball772 on 06-06-2008 07:27 AM

Thank you for letting us know.

Thank for the information.  From my experience, 1000 mAh isn’t needed for charging–I have had no issue using a reliable 500 mAh charger.

NEGATIVE …this is not necessary…

the player has an input of 5.0 volts…

many car chargers give outputs of 5.2 and above also…

i fried my clip…

what i did is i bought this usb car charger form meritline.com < a piece of waste !..im repenting now

so i attached this to my player to charge it…it got bloody fried  :frowning:

----- my other post-----

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&message.id=810&jump=true#M810

(

ok heres the case…

the same thing happend to mine…it used to work fine charging it thru the PC…untill i got this usb car charger…

and when i connected …the clip never charged…and it bcame warm…so basically i fried it…!

what i did then is i checked some things , which i should have done before…

voltage of the player…= 5.0 v

PC USB volt = 5.1 v

CAR USB VOLT= 5.22 v

phone charger with a mini usb port volt = 5.7 v

so in simple i dont thing u can use any of the above except the PC chargin method…

so amkoas…your wrong…not all usb outlets have the same voltage…it depend what u feed it with…

if im wrong please comment …i would love to know more…

cheers…

)