Slot radio music cards----ideas for new cards

I’ve been enjoying my SlotRadio player for a year now and I really like the music cards.But I have a few ideas of what they could do in the future.

***70s Music card—The 70s is my favorite musical decade.There are many 70s songs on the “Oldies” card,but how about a complete 70s music card,divided into sections like “70s disco”,“70s soft rock”,“70s rock”,“70s soul”? That would be amazing! 

***70s Disco card—I’m a huge fan of disco music,so having 1000 disco songs in one place would be heaven for me,lol.Another idea is a card that combines 70s disco with 80s dance music.The card could be called “70s and 80s dance music”.There are many disco-y dance songs from the 80s (“Two Of Hearts” by Stacey Q,“Let The Music Play” by Shannon,etc).This card could be divided into sections such as “Freestyle music”,“70s disco”,etc.

Just a few ideas I came up.I’d like to hear some other suggestions from you guys.What music cards would you like to see? 

Does anyone know if there are any plans for future cards? Release dates? 

Message Edited by Dave76 on 06-07-2010 04:18 AM

I like those ideas, especially the freestyle music.  Pretty Tony…Jam The Box!

Does anybody at SanDisk/Sansa actually READ our posts here?

I would love a 70’s card like you suggest: “Singer/Songwriters”, “Disco”, “Power POP”, “Album Rock”.

Also, I need TECH SUPPORT for my slotRadio.  The firmware update does NOT shut down the slotRadio unit after 30 minutes of non-use!  Dead battery every morning!  HELP!

is the music playing? if so that is not non use. it has to be paused and no buttons can be pushed then after 30 mins it will shut down. 

Do the slotradio/slotmusic players have a “sleep” timer? You could use that if you want it to shut off after 30 minutes of playing.

I thought that if you simply didn’t push any button (not skipping a song, or pausing a song) that would start the 30 minute countdown; so it really is no good if you set the player down to take a phone call and forget to shut it off - it will just drain your battery down to zero again.

@johnnyelectron wrote:

I thought that if you simply didn’t push any button (not skipping a song, or pausing a song) that would start the 30 minute countdown; so it really is no good if you set the player down to take a phone call and forget to shut it off - it will just drain your battery down to zero again.

You simply have to remember to push the PAUSE button when you take that call. If it did what you wanted, it would shut off after 30 minutes while you were listening to it, unless you remembered to press a button before 30 minutes were up.

Hard to remember to do do this if you’re really wrapped up in the music. :wink: