should have bought a ipod

For the record, there are some players that don’t require you to open up mp3tag to operate correctly, each and every time.

If fiddling with tags doesn’t bother a person, go for a fuze…but it drove my better half nuts.  Now she has a player that is a bit more user friendly in that regard…:wink:

For the record, I’ve been using my Fuze for a year and have never had to fiddle with tags. The Folders menu option allows you to access any file on the Fuze by name. But then, if you get your files from a commercial source (Rhapsody, ITunes), or if you use CDDB or AMG as your source for tag data during ripping, the files are tagged appropriately in the first place. 

FYI ipod uses id3 tag navigation as well and does not have folder browsing option. 

I’ve never had a problem with tags on my Fuze.

I still think you should be able to edit tags on the Fuze, I wish they would put this in.

The Fuze though is a great player, I got one for the mrs too, as for anything Apple… hmm no thanks, its over priced, and sells on a strong brand name. 

problem solved, took the lemon back to bb and the new one works like it was suppossed to . the fm radio allows me to pick up transmissions from the us space station now with out the tin foil cap, my foot in the toilet and my hand out the window

Congratulations. Now you know pretty thoroughly what to do if anything does go wrong.

And…tag editing on the Fuze? Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see a keyboard on mine.

If you mean tag editing via computer for the files on the Fuze, that shouldn’t be a problem–just delete mtable.sys, the database,  so the Fuze doesn’t find outmoded tag info. 

smatjack6900, I thought that only worked during lightning storms…

I COMPLETELY AGREE!

I can’t stand my sandisk! I’ve had it for less than a year and the charger is already busted! i can still transfer music but when the player does it’s standby thing or whatever it immediately stops chargin. I’ts driving me insane… not to mention the supid little spin wheel always locks up on me!!! if I could I would demand a total refund for my product at value of when player was purchased and a little extra for the stress and inconvinience it has caused me… excuse my language but Sansa’s are pieces of $#!+

You have a one-year warranty. Now would be a good time to use it.

@black_rectangle wrote:
You have a one-year warranty. Now would be a good time to use it.

Actually using the manufacturer-provided support instead of throwing a tantrum? Insanity!!!

If a manufacturer offers a 1 year replacemnt for a defective product, and you have a legitimate claim and don’t take advantage of it then my friend, you are indeed a

Or maybe it’s just more fun to whine & cry about it on said manufacturer’s user’s forum. Certainly is the lazy & cowardly way out, isn’t it?