Sansa Fuze - MP3 Audiobook on extrenal memory card in music menu instead of audiobook menu

I am unable to figure out how to add an audiobook in mp3 format to an extrenal memory card using MSC mode and have it show up in the audiobook menu instead of showing up in the music menu.

Can someone please help me out and point me to the correct procedure.

Thanks in advance,

Don

if you want it in the audiobook menu you will have to put it in the audiobook folder on the internal memory. it will be treated as a normal song if it is on the expandable memory card.

@drlucky wrote:
if you want it in the audiobook menu you will have to put it in the audiobook folder on the internal memory. it will be treated as a normal song if it is on the expandable memory card.

This is not true. You can set the ID3 tag Genre field to ‘Audiobook’ and it will show up in the Audiobooks section even if it is on the card, and will be automatically bookmarked just like any other audiobook.  

Tagging the mp3 files as the Genre Audiobook did the trick.  Thank you very much for the help.

@riolist wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

This is not true. You can set the ID3 tag Genre field to ‘Audiobook’ and it will show up in the Audiobooks section even if it is on the card, and will be automatically bookmarked just like any other audiobook.  

sorry you are right, i forgot they added that into the firmware.

on a semi-related comment . . . also works for podcasts! rename genre tag to “Podcast” and it will show up in Podcast node!

Message Edited by thoma on 05-07-2008 10:27 AM

@riolist wrote:

Okay, I’m not that computer literate.  Where do I do the ID3 tag?  Mine are showing up as music.

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 08-06-2008 12:04 PM

Google a program called Mp3Tag, it’s freeware. The ID3 tags are text files that are a part of each mp3. Mp3Tag will let you edit them. There are separate fields for each attribute, such as Title, Artist, Album, Genre, and Year. You’ll want to edit the Genre field to either audiobook or podcast.

If you use WMP just highlight the song and right click and select Advanced tag editor.

Thank you! I found doing the WMP worked for me.  I did have to type in Audiobook (or Podcast) in the Genre type, but that’s fine.