Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

Actually there were a few at SanDisk that did not only read the post’s here but took the time to reply and help us all out… I just want to set the record straight! There are may good apples at sanDisk!  If you take some time and read the forums you would see that!! George 

That’s the point George-W… I have read…[edit2] (the last few pages since november when I bought my Fuze V2) [/edit2]  and I haven’t seen any newer threads with posts from any of the staff that matters… like they lost interrest.

It’s sad… I mean, an hour a day  ( [edit] or a week [/edit] )  to come in and see what bugs people… and they could have a stellar product… Even just one of their programmers…

I don’t recall any new posts since I signed up several months ago… but PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. (Maybe I missed something in a thread that wasn’t important to me and most other users?)

I am being liberal with teh term “most” in this case… but to release such an obvius bug as the replay gain bug isnot a good sign.

If there was a bug in replay gain on an Ipod it would be fixed within days, or weeks at the worst… 

I am pretty sure there are less employees working for Apple than for SanDisk… so this says something in and of itself.

(Not that they didn’t recently have a big snafu over their flickering backlights… but myself I think that was defective backlight drivers (electronic drivign circuits, not software) though they tried to correct it with software (which would save them tremendously over a recall))

I would also wonder about their job positions if nothing fruitful came of the reading and replyin… other than lip service…

Forgive me if my post reads bitter (text really is emotionless,) but I am disappointed in a product that is released with so many flaws.  It’s not like my 5 year old DAP that I bought at WalMart for $30… you know, the one that plays randomly without repeating the same tracks back to back… or even within several songs of each other?  It’s never needed a firmware update…

It still works to this date… it just lacks a significant amount of memory and a way to charge and use at the same time…

I had hoped the Fuze V2 would work “as advertised”… but sadly it does not.

If you happen to know of a recent post by one of the real programmers of this device, I’d LOVE to know about it.

By recent I mean in the last 4 months or so… to be inline with SanDisk’s idea of “soon” or “recent”  :slight_smile:

Thanks for your post.

Message Edited by BDProductions on 01-17-2010 02:06 PM

Message Edited by BDProductions on 01-17-2010 02:40 PM

Food for thought?  The forums are far from being ignored, I can assure you.  Simply have a look at all of the new features in the current Fuze firmware, compared against its original release.

The OGG and FLAC capabilities were added, podcast and audiobook enhancements, SlotRadio, plus functionality improvements like progressive song list speed and wrap-around list scrolling.  Oh, and even the add-album function in the GoList comes to mind.

All of these were discussed right here before being added to the Sansa, and that’s just the Fuze I am thinking about.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I see folks like microsansa and sansafix still posting in this parts, so am not worried on that score. But the Fuze has been around for 2yrs going on 3, and is highly overdue for a refresh or replacement (although Sandisk didn’t show any MP3 stuff for CES 2010). My SWAG is that we’d see only one or maybe two firmware upgrades before it goes into maintenance mode.

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.28 and 02.02.28 how to install to my sansa because this new version i dont like how to tur back the old verzion

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update/m-p/128814/highlight/true#M36361

@haris wrote:

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.28 and 02.02.28 how to install to my sansa because this new version i dont like how to tur back the old verzion

Are you kidding me? :dizzy_face:

So near and yet so far! See the 1st post in this thread.

Hello,

I want to reinstall 02.03.33 on my Fuze.

My Fuze locks up and will not recognize my slotradio card now. Is there a link to download the firmware I need?

Thanks

Go to the first post in this thread. Find the All Regions link for the 2.x firmware. Right-click on it and Copy LInk or whatever your browser does. You’ll see the firmware number in the link. CHANGE THAT NUMBER to the version you want. Click and download.

That will be a .zip file. Follow the instructions for manual installation, also in the first post in this thread.

Thanks,

I reinstalled the firmware and the player still freezes with the slot radio card. So now I can assume that the card is defective and should be returned to the store?

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

Sounds like something is defective. Have you tried a regular microSD card in that slot?

I think you are right I spoke too soon. I tried another SD card in the Fuze and it froze up as well. Luckily I was dumb enough to purchase an extended warranty from radioshack. I’m going to try to return the device this week.

Dennis

I know this makes no logical sense, but take out any microSD, make sure all of your own content is backed up somewhere, and run Settings/System Settings/Format. 

Two or three times in the last 2 1/2 years, I had the microSD slot crash my Fuze, and formatting fixed it.

You’ll have to reload whatever content you had on the internal memory, but I don’t think it has anything to do with the content itself. Just some weird deep bug somewhere.