SANSA CLIP JUST STOPPED WORKING

Yeah it appears that I’ll need to pull my music from my archives (all with art & tags) & doctor them up (or rather down) to put them onto my player. I have them all on my two NAS & use XBMC, so it’s nice to have the artwork for that, but as you say really not needed for the Clip+

Thanks to mp3Tag, not a big bother any longer. That thing is amazing.

THANK YOU!  I was freaking out, beating myself up for not backing up my music (which I will do now promptly).  I too was thinking of pitching the player.  The 20+ second hold worked for me too.
peace-out. :smileyvery-happy:

Mine also and I didn’t take out the ‘insurance’ on it but I’ve only had mine for a few months.  I guess I don’t mind replacing it but hate to start over with the audio books I  have on it.

Note that you have a 1-year warranty on the player (2 in the EU)–call SanDisk for a warranty replacement; and in the U.S., SanDisk even covers the postage both ways.  You also could go back to the seller for a replacement–Amazon has been known to do so even after the initial 30 days post-purchase (I might try this first if I had purchased from Amazon).

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Customer Service at the above also can walk you through any other possibilities/possible solutions.

HI, I have the same problem - my clip stopped working actually during a run. I can’t seem to get it reset using the 30 second press…any suggestions?

Stopped working how? White screen? Stuck in mid-song? 

You can always let the battery run down and see if restarting after recharging helps. 

it stopped, screen is blacked out and I cannot get it to turn on or to be recognized by my computer. I have only had it about one month max. Probably used it on 5-7 runs (which is mainly what I got it for). 

It’s still under the one-year warranty. Call 1-866-SANDISK or try the live chat.

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

In the meanwhile, you might leave it plugged into a constant power source for a day or 2, and see if this trickle-charges it back on (even if the player doesn’t come on when you first connect up).  This someties works.

I followed your resetting instructions. It totally worked. Thanks! I was about to toss the thing after it stopped working in the middle of using it. (I was uploading music and an audiobook.) I thought I stressed the poor thing out so I let it sit a day to rest…lol…but it still wouldn’t turn on even with a 98% battery charge, but your rebooting directions totally worked. Thanis again.

In defense of small digital gadget users everywhere, I’d like to say that I’m pretty much OCD about reading the user’s manual. The problem is I have about a dozen+ small gadgets that rely on muliti-functioning single or 2-button controls. Remembering the specifics for manipulating the buttons for each gadget can be confusing. That’s why I like helpful forums so much. I’m not lazy, just brain overload with all the instructions for all my gadgets. Thanks for being there with our gagdet issues.

Plus, quite candidly, so many of these “tricks” are nowhere documented by the manufacturers . . . .

thanks! You re a life saver! It worked for me too!

thats amazing.  I hardly ever used my disk and when it stopped I was surprised.  I held it down for 20 sec and it worked again.   They have gotten expensive too.

Today mine stopped working after charging. Held power button for 20+ seconds and then pressed again and it worked. Glad I read this thread.