sansa 4gb clip dropped in toilet

so today i was listing to my clip and had to pee so i set it on the counter next to the toilet and did my business. as i went to leave i for got about the clip and it fell into the toilet while on i turned it off imediatly and put it in rice what other actions should i take?

Finish your business.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I would get some distilled water and flush (no pun intended) the Clip out with it thoroughly (keeping the Clip off, of course).  Then shake out as much of the water as you can, and then put the player in a warm place to dry out, many days.  Some people also will put the player in a bowl of rice–the rice will absorb moisture.  Once you are sure that the player has dried out completely, try the player again–hopefully, it will work. 

@maxismad wrote:

so today i was listing to my clip and had to pee so i set it on the counter next to the toilet and did my business. as i went to leave i for got about the clip and it fell into the toilet while on i turned it off imediatly and put it in rice what other actions should i take?

The good news is that it didn’t fall in when you flushed, and the toilet isn’t  a H2Option Siphonic Dual Flush Toilet. 

You would never see your clip again.

so i cleaned it all out and put it back in the rice. went to start it up and well it works now. thank you so mutch 

Good to hear!  Although personally, I would have given it at least 2-3 days in the rice–water, even a tiny droplet, and electricity are not a good mix.

@maxismad wrote:

so i cleaned it all out and put it back in the rice. went to start it up and well it works now. thank you so mutch 

After only 12 hours? :dizzy_face:

Don’t be surprised if it goes out on you again (and probably for good). Sealed up in dry rice will take literally DAYS (at least 4-7) before all the water inside will be absorbed and/or evaporated.

Patience is this instance is indeed a virtue. :wink:

Hopefully, there won’t be a problem and the player had dried out.