SanDisk Ultra SDSDQU-032G

I bought this item in October 2014 for my Samsung ST67 camera and whilst on holiday took about 4GB of pictures/videos.  These I started to review on my PC, but halfway through a message came up on my computer with regard to being unable to access pictures.  I returned to the Replaceable Disk page and recalled the DCIM then 100PHOTO links back to the photos, but this time it showed two lines of what looked like file names, but with unrecognisable script, followed by file sizes.  These ‘files’ are not accessible.  Is there anyway I can recover the data?

:smiley:   Hi JWJ,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

1-  Please, test your card (32 GB), in other laptops, directly to its port-card (not USB card-reader).
      Also, see what capacity and format, shows.

2-   If still bad: in Start / My PC, on the card icon right-click, and then click in Properties/Tools/Error Checking and Repair.

3-  If still bad: try to recover the data, the tool (portable app, free): Recuva 1.51, Portable, free

4-   If no joy: try formatting quickly, with the tool (portable app, free): USB Flash SD Formatter 4.00,  Portable, free
     Then remove and re-plug the device.

5-   If no joy: repeat step 3-

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)