Rockbox 3.7 -- finally stable for the clip+

I have a slotradio card. While I understand that rockboxing a clip+ will keep the original firmware in place, except for perhaps permanently losing the ability to play DRM files, will the clip+ (and a fuze V1 also) lose the ability to use a slotradio card?

Should work as long as you boot into the OF (original firmware). But there’s one sure way of finding out. Try it and see.

@tapeworm wrote:

Should work as long as you boot into the OF (original firmware). But there’s one sure way of finding out. Try it and see.

I couldn’t find an answer on the rockbox site, so I searched around and found a couple of posts about it on another forum.  Just like you said, the poster (who owns a card) also stated that the slotradio cards work fine after booting in the OF for both the fuze and the clip+.  Just wanted confirmation about that since slotradio songs are “protected” audio files.

The power on/off button is broken on my Clip+. Can I use Rockbox to re-map this function? It’s an important function, since it’s the only way to reset the device if something goes wrong.

Thanks!

Does Rockbox fix the slight pitch issue that was inherent in the Clip and Clip+?

Yeah theres no pitch error in rockbox.