Playing With the New SlotMusic Player

Hey, this wee beastie is a lot of fun.

In hand, the SlotMusic device is a solid little thing, heavier than a Clip, and much more basic.  It’s a load-and-go machine, a welcome respite from playlists, ID3 tags, file names, track numbers…

Simply insert a SM µSD card, and press play.  The preloaded music is at a high bitrate, and sounds fine.  Track access is very fast.

Know where it’s cool?  Simply plug it in to a cassette adaptor in the car, or connect it via a double-male 1/8 inch stereo (3.5mm) cable, and let her fly.  In the car, simply press pause, and it shuts off as you exit the car.  Or just unplug it!  It will resume after plugging it back in, right where you left off.

Of course, the Fuze or Clip offer higher fidelity, but the SlotMusic player is surprisingly clear.

In the bundled package, SanDisk includes a cool USB card adaptor.  For fun, I plugged in to the new radio / navigation system of the new VW Routan.  The contents of the SlotMusic card transfer rapidly to the onboard hard drive in the radio.

In fact, songs previously uploaded to the Routan transfer in seconds to the SlotMusic card, and I can listen to a few new tracks on the go.

The format is pretty cool, definitely worth a try.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I had a DJ gig last night were I was unable to plug in a laptop or CD changer, so I had to emprovise and use my Sansas. I thought I would use my Fuze and clips mostly… NOPE! SLOTMUSIC! I had set up some SD cards with enough music so I started with the Slot music player. I wound up only using the fuze to buffer out time when I was switchin cards or batteries. It Worked great!

So I’m not the only one that has bought one.  Interesting.:smiley:  I think that given time the slotMusic cards may become popular with cell phone users.

I’ve registered for the $5 off and to get notified when slotRadio is available.  I can’t wait.:smileyvery-happy:

@jkj1962 wrote:

So I’m not the only one that has bought one.  Interesting.:smiley:  I think that given time the slotMusic cards may become popular with cell phone users.

I’ve registered for the $5 off and to get notified when slotRadio is available.  I can’t wait.:smileyvery-happy:

My Cell phone was actually why I bought the first card (Hendrix). Then I found out about the player, and with my christmas bonus bought it, a clip, and a view. It seems like a lot but they all serve a distinct purpose. I am very happy with the slotmusic.

They are getting a lot more artists available on SM.  Granted, not many that I am interested in yet, but I’m a little (maybe a lot) older than the crowd the artists they have are aimed at.  And WalMart is probably one of the best places to reach that demographic.