Only able to use 8gigs of my 32gig micro card

Thanks for the info, Black-Rectangle.

I have followed it precisely, but I am not getting very good results.

I can see all the pictures from within Mp3tag, but only a small percentage of them show on the Fuze.

I’ve resized them and resaved them, but most of them still do not show in the Fuze.

I’ve worked with files directly on the Fuze as well as those on my computer, and then transferred those.

I can see the indication of  the tag being ID3v2.3, but no indication of ISO-8859-1in the listing of the tag info.

(I do have that indicated under “MPEG” when I go to “Tools”–“Options”

I’ve deleted the photos, resized them and see that the new size is being used.

Some of the photos that do show were done in Tag & Rename.

I know I must be doing something wrong but what?

I still have 250 mb left on the card.

I’m using only jpg files, and the name folder.jpg is inside the folder being worked with.

I feel I’m really familiar with the program now, but something just isn’t right.

Can you straighten me out?

Don’t know what to tell you. If folder.jpg is in the same folder as the rest of the files from the album it should show with all the songs on the album. 

ISO-8859-1 doesn’t show, that doesn’t really matter if you can see Album, Artist, etc.  What the ISO means is Windows encoding for characters (as opposed to the UTF that Apple uses). 

All I can suggest is that if you are you using mp3tag, do it on your computer, delete the album folder from the Fuze, and transfer the version you have fixed with mp3tag over again. When you disconnect it should refresh the database with those nice new tags.

Have you tried h2testw to make sure the card isn’t counterfeit?

I did the changes on the computer at first, deleted the album from the Fuze, and transferred the corrected album (I thought)

to the Fuze.  It was only after that failed to work a few times that I tried to do it directly on the Fuze.

I resized the pictures to 200x200, and those are the ones that show.

When I reopen the albums with mp3tag, every album picture as well as all the tags are visible.

(It made me realize there were many comments that needed to be deleted)

I currently have a 16gb card in the Fuze which I have now filled except for about 250gb.

With the new card, refresh is quicker, and I haven’t had a freeze problem which necessitated removing the card to force a refresh.

h2testw is telling me that the 32gb card I was originally using is, in fact, defective.

Sometimes the Fuze only refreshes its database incrementally–that is, if it sees the same album it doesn’t bother to re-read the tags.

Seems like you’re tooling along fine, but if you want to do a complete database refresh, here’s how:

Make sure you are in  Settings/System Settings/USB Mode/MSC. Write down the one you were using before if you had to change it. (There are only two settings, MTP and MSC–Auto Detect will choose MTP if it finds Windows Media Player 10 or above on your computer.) Connect and explore the Fuze driveletter in My Computer. MTABLE.SYS is the database file, the index built from the tags. Delete that, disconnect and it will build a whole new MTABLE.SYS with the newest tags in the Fuze. 

Files can be transferred by either USB Mode, all visible on the Fuze. BUT  the computer can only see files transferred in one mode at a time. When you switch mode, files transferred in the other mode are invisible from the computer. So switch the USB Mode back to what you were using before.  

It’s still generally better to fix tags on the computer–that way you have the permanent good copy on your computer to transfer whenever you need to.

OH YES!!!

The great majority of my album pictures are showing now!  That refresh did it!  THANK YOU Black-Rectangle!

Just browsing through the albums quickly, it seems as though folders with numerous albums within, are the ones not showing now.  Is there a limit on the number of sub folders/albums you can have inside a single artist’s main folder?

I don’t think there’s a limit on the number of album folders within an artist folder. Otherwise what would you do with a catalog like Bob Dylan’s?

But remember, you are not actually looking at folders unless you go all the way down the Music choices to Folders, which does show the actual folder structure.  Otherwise you are looking at information collected from the tags (and saved in MTABLE.SYS ).

But why not experiment. Try moving one of your no-show albums out of the artist folder it’s in and just putting it on the driveletter for the card or in the Music folder on its own,  outside the artist folder. The Fuze will still find the tags, obviously, and list it under the Artist. See if it makes any difference with the art.

SUCCESS AT LAST!!

Switching to a Sandisk 32 GB. class 4 card has resolved all of my issues—along with all of your other suggestions like Mp3tag and changing USB mode to MSC.

Thanks to all!!!

You’ve really schooled me on the Fuze.

:smiley:

HaHa!!! YES!!!

The more I use Mp3tag the more I’m impressed.

It makes Tag&Rename look like an old Dos program!

I think there should be the ability to resize the folder pix from within the program,

but the program really does so much that I should be content.

Again…

Thank you Tapeworm.