New News for Connect from SanDisk (Yahoo Music Service discontinued)

The Yahoo! Music Unlimited functionality on your Sansa Connect device will be removed on August 31, 2008. A firmware update will take place on August 31st updating the functionality on your device. The following capabilities will no longer work with your device:

• The ability to wirelessly download and play tracks, albums and play lists directly from your device
  • The ability to wirelessly download subscription tracks while listening to LAUNCHcast radio
  • The ability to wirelessly browse, search and download Yahoo! Music’s top tracks and personal recommendations
  • Yahoo! Messenger’s ability via Friends menu to send, receive and download music recommendations

Users will continue to be able to listen to Yahoo! Music’s 100+ free LAUNCHcast radio stations and 150+ stations for LAUNCHcast Plus subscribers. Users can also continue to play purchased tracks from the Yahoo! Music store, transferred via connection to PC, and view their Flickr photos including the most interesting of the day and personal photosets.

For further information about the Yahoo! Music Unlimited functionality changes, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions.

FAQ:  

What is happening to the Sansa Connect device?  

Beginning on August 31, Yahoo! Music Unlimited will no longer work on the Sansa Connect device.   

Why are you taking Yahoo! Music Unlimited off of the Sansa Connect?  

Yahoo! is discontinuing Yahoo! Music Unlimited.    

Will any other subscription service work on the Sansa Connect?  

The Sansa Connect will be able to play certain subscription tracks from certain compatible services such as Rhapsody Unlimited, but Sansa Connect users will not be able to access those services wirelessly.  

Will I still be able to use the Sansa Connect for the other Yahoo! functionalities such as Flickr, Messenger and LaunchCast?  

Yahoo! Flickr and LaunchCast services will continue to work on the Sansa Connect.  However, you will no longer be able to send or receive recommendations through Yahoo! Instant Messenger once Yahoo! Music Unlimited has been removed.  

What is the timeline for this?  

Yahoo! Music Unlimited will stop working on the Sansa Connect on August 31.  All other functionalities will continue to work.

Message Edited by sansamonsta on 08-04-2008 10:48 AM

Sticky this please.

@sansame wrote:

The Yahoo! Music Unlimited functionality on your Sansa Connect device will be removed on August 31, 2008. A firmware update will take place on August 31st updating the functionality on your device. The following capabilities will no longer work with your device:

• The ability to wirelessly download and play tracks, albums and play lists directly from your device
  • The ability to wirelessly download subscription tracks while listening to LAUNCHcast radio
  • The ability to wirelessly browse, search and download Yahoo! Music’s top tracks and personal recommendations
  • Yahoo! Messenger’s ability via Friends menu to send, receive and download music recommendations

Users will continue to be able to listen to Yahoo! Music’s 100+ free LAUNCHcast radio stations and 150+ stations for LAUNCHcast Plus subscribers. Users can also continue to play purchased tracks from the Yahoo! Music store, transferred via connection to PC, and view their Flickr photos including the most interesting of the day and personal photosets.

For further information about the Yahoo! Music Unlimited functionality changes, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions.

FAQ:  

What is happening to the Sansa Connect device?  

Beginning on August 31, Yahoo! Music Unlimited will no longer work on the Sansa Connect device.   

Why are you taking Yahoo! Music Unlimited off of the Sansa Connect?  

Yahoo! is discontinuing Yahoo! Music Unlimited.    

Will any other subscription service work on the Sansa Connect?  

The Sansa Connect will be able to play certain subscription tracks from certain compatible services such as Rhapsody Unlimited, but Sansa Connect users will not be able to access those services wirelessly.  

Will I still be able to use the Sansa Connect for the other Yahoo! functionalities such as Flickr, Messenger and LaunchCast?  

Yahoo! Flickr and LaunchCast services will continue to work on the Sansa Connect.  However, you will no longer be able to send or receive recommendations through Yahoo! Instant Messenger once Yahoo! Music Unlimited has been removed.  

What is the timeline for this?  

Yahoo! Music Unlimited will stop working on the Sansa Connect on August 31.  All other functionalities will continue to work.

Message Edited by sansamonsta on 08-04-2008 10:48 AM

Please help me. I am from Denmark and I can’t find any support in Danish languish. My sons SanDisk is in recovery mode and I have download the software - restarted the computer, but I don’t know how to get the software in the sandisk, the Media Player can see the sandisk but I don’t know how to go further. I can’t find any support about that, I have been looking all over without finding anything. How to do? Do hope you read this, and you can help me. It is very expensive to phone you from Denmark, hope to find a solution/manual this way. Kind regard. Mette

are you sure you have a sansa connect? as far as i know it was only sold in the US

yes, I am sure. I bought it on the net: www.pixmania.dk in december 2006. Kind reguard Mette

Sorry, wrong address: www.pixmania.com

Mette,

Have you tried the links that drlucky providedfor recovering the Connect?  I just tried them and it worked.  It erases your device, and installs the latest firmware.  It takes a surprisingly long time, and accesses the web.

Thank you, but yes I have, but when I come so far it says: Sansa Device Recovery: sorry, we were unable to recover your Sansa device, Please call SanDisk at 1-866 …ect., for assistance.

Can anyone confirm (or deny) that Launchcast Plus still works with the latest firmware upgrade?