Need different earbuds!!!

The ear buds that came with my Fuze 4G keep falling out.  My ear cavity is to small to hold then in.  Any suggestions on a make and model of another pair?

Also, my old set of Optimus LV20 head phones have outlived their expected lifetime.  What is a middle-of-the-road set that would be acceptable in quality and price that can be bought at local box stores?

Thanks,

Mike

What is your price range?

Do they have to be earbuds, or could they be small portable over-the-ear phones? I like my Sennheiser PX100s, which sound good (a little bass-heavy) and are utterly comfortable. Sennheiser also makes buds that people seem to like. But you’ll have to look at them and see if you think they will fit. 

For full-size phones, try Grado. Crisp, clear and they look like WWII ham-radio operator phones. (Except the new behind-the head iGrado.) 

This store offers pretty honest advice about a lot of headphones. You can buy from them or not as you choose, but it does give you an idea of what models are available and some comparisons. 

Or if you want to go completely insane, try Head-Fi. But maybe the best thing to do is go to your local store, see what’s available, write down maker and model number, then Google for reviews. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 07-28-2009 12:04 AM

@black_rectangle wrote:

What is your price range?

Do they have to be earbuds, or could they be small portable over-the-ear phones? I like my Sennheiser PX100s, which sound good (a little bass-heavy) and are utterly comfortable. Sennheiser also makes buds that people seem to like. But you’ll have to look at them and see if you think they will fit. 

For full-size phones, try Grado. Crisp, clear and they look like WWII ham-radio operator phones. (Except the new behind-the head iGrado.) 

This store offers pretty honest advice about a lot of headphones. You can buy from them or not as you choose, but it does give you an idea of what models are available and some comparisons. 

Or if you want to go completely insane, try Head-Fi. But maybe the best thing to do is go to your local store, see what’s available, write down maker and model number, then Google for reviews. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 07-28-2009 12:04 AM

x2 on the PX100 and Grado recommendation (note my sig). And the first of your two links does have good information there, whether or not you buy there, very true.

Check out earbuds made by Shure. They have excellent sound quality and come with several sets of silicone and foam inserts of various sizes so you should have no trouble getting them to fit properly. They won’t fall out and a snug fit helps block out external noise without resorting to noise-cancellation circuitry which degrades sound quality IMO. I’ve enjoyed mine for over three years and in many loud environments. For the best fit, an audiologist can make an impression of your ear and Shure will make a custom insert for you. Also, they use higher quality cabling and strain-relief to prevent broken connections and increase life-expectancy. You can usually find a pair as low as US$80.00. 

Message Edited by qualityaudio on 07-28-2009 07:02 AM

Good IEM phones are great–I have Shures myself–but they are probaby way up and out of the price range for the original poster.

links from a search

Best Earpuds/Headphones?

I want AWESOME earbuds; please advise

Best earbuds for under $20?

Skullcandy?

Good earphones for the gym?

I thought there was another one but can’t find it… i think it was pretty long too…

opps.  I was going to post what i got, but the names not on there, like I thought they were.  They’re just inexpensive in the ear earbuds that match my Fuze bought at the store…

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 07-28-2009 01:59 PM

check this headphone buyer’s guide from Head Fi

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/headphone-buyers-guide-271258/

Klipsch Image S4 are an excellent headphone or (cheaper option) Sony MDR EX300 sound pretty good, too.  I have both.  Of course, it’s all down to personal preference.

These threads are hilarious!  One person says brand Y is the way to go, another says, No way brand X is better.  In the end, no one can decide but you which brand of earbud/headphone is right for you.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

These threads are hilarious!  One person says brand Y is the way to go, another says, No way brand X is better.  In the end, no one can decide but you which brand of earbud/headphone is right for you.

Yup, just like “recommend me the best EQ settings!” which I’ve seen in multiple forums.

Of course everyone is different. But since no one can listen to every earphone, and consensus does build through a lot of individual opinions, it’s both a fair question and one with a lot of different answers that a reader can choose to believe or ignore. There’s a lot of good equipment out there–there’s also a lot of junk.  I like that head-fi guide posted above–it’s a good place to start.

@black_rectangle wrote:
Of course everyone is different. But since no one can listen to every earphone, and consensus does build through a lot of individual opinions, it’s both a fair question and one with a lot of different answers that a reader can choose to believe or ignore. There’s a lot of good equipment out there–there’s also a lot of junk.  I like that head-fi guide posted above–it’s a good place to start.

One man’s Junk is another persons Gold…:wink:

Good advice.  I have Shures and they work well…

A website like head-fi.org is useful if you know the type of sound signature you prefer, and trust a reviewer to report it accurately.  By that I mean mids prominent, high’s lacking, tight/punchy bass type descriptions.

For that I’ll say that I recently found the Meelectronics AIM-9 iem’s for $20 (newegg, overstock) based on several reviews on Head-fi and I’m blown away by their sound.  Their sound greatly exceeds the price, imo.  For me, the highlights are great detail with forward, warm mids and a clear, bright treble.  The negatives are a narrow soundstage and bass I find a little muddy.

My other best earbuds are Sennheiser CX500’s I bought last year for $62 (on sale) - and I think I like these more.  The CX500’s are more balanced, but the AIM-9’s are more “fun”, and I look forward to listening to them.

I found this store Headphones.com
The sales rep I talked to told me that i should toss the earbuds that came with my ipod as I was not getting the full sound from my the headphones. I did not want to spend a lot of money, I went with Sony - MDR-EX310LP the sound was incredible. The people over there seem ok and the ship was free. 

Congratulations, Headphones.com, on discovering how to

SPAM.

Did you hire a new social-marketing guy? Someone to trawl through posts that are years old for keywords?  Someone whose one post is fake word-of-mouth marketing?

Don’t confuse these spammers with the excellent:

http://www.headphone.com