Need another mp3 for work and knocking around

Black-Rectangle wrote:
Marvin, old buddy, my problem isn’t the amount of power to the PX100 but a different sound signature between Fuze and Clip+, with lots more midrange, a tinnier effect.  It may be different in v1 and v2 Clip+ units. But as I said, I could very clearly hear the difference.

When I had my V1 Fuze and Clip, and my V2 Clip, they all sounded the same. But they were all gone months before I got the Clip+, so it is entirely possible that you’re right. I never thought to do a back-to-back comparison the last time I fixed my buddy’s V2 Clip (which is my old one).

FWIW, I’ve noticed a sonic difference between the clip+ and the V1 Fuze.  I don’t find it objectionable, but I can certainly understand those who do.

Agreed on the subtle difference in sound between the Clip+ and Fuze: the Clip+ is, a bit more “forward” in the midrange.  You can compensate via the Custom EQ by dropping the mid a notch, though I find myself switching to Jazz in most cases.

It all boils down to nuts and bolts when it comes to the analog output.  The Sansa is functioning as a fast switch, feeding current from the battery to the headphones, if you can think of it that way.  From your headphones’ viewpoint, that processor is robbing some juice, as is the display.

Well, we need those losses, as the source is digital.  Conserving power to drive the phones for the longest time is where the fun really happens.  The Clip+ has a small battery, with slightly less capacity than the original Clip, but we now have a microSD slot (that wants some internal space of course).

What would I like to see in the future?  A slightly thicker Sansa Clip+, with double the battery space. Hey, I’m easy to please, how about 3mm?

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: