My Sansa Fuze won't turn on, even when connected to the computer

I was extracting music to my Fuze when I got a USB Device - Delayed Write Failed error message.  This happened to me once before when my USB cord went bad, so I assumed this is what happened again.  But now my Fuze won’t turn on.  When I plug it into the computer, it says USB Device Not Recognized and it doesn’t even show up in My Computer.

Does resetting it (holding Power for 15 seconds) erase the contents??? I don’t want to do it if it does.

Resetting wont erase the content of your fuze. This will just force the player to turn off if its frozen.

Thanks.  I reset it and it works great now.

I threw my Sansa Fuze+ at the wall then the ground. The reason why is because my player won’t turn on i dont know but it turned on when i connected it to my pc but you have to hit it around which i do now the power button dont work i will try to format my player now Sansa Fuze+ 1/10

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I am going on a trip tomorrow and spending like 6-7 hours on a bus and my Fuse froze up and after 2 hours finally turned off but would not come back on but it works now so THANK YOU I would not know what to do with out it tomorrow other than die of boredom. Thanks again!

~Ronniekd94

Thanks so much for the thing with the power switch. But I held it for a good 30 secs and nothing happened. So then I reconnected it to the computer and it turned on. All better! :slight_smile: (that just saved me eighty bucks)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I was ready to chuck it out the window.

Thank you!  This happened to me earlier today.  My first thought was “It figures it would kick the bucket just AFTER the warranty ends!” (that’s how it works, right?), but I am so happy it’s not dead!

Now I do have a question - what may have caused this to happen?  I hadn’t caused any undue stress to it.  I had just turned it on, it waited until the current song was done, and then just… stopped.  I really like my Sandisk because I can just drag and drop my files and not have to go through iTunes (I have lots of files that I wouldn’t be able to use if I had an iPod because the file extensions aren’t compatible with iTunes).

I’m having the very same problem…when I went to plug it in for a charge, the screen remained dark and I can’t get it to respond at all. even after resetting it several times…do you have any ideas?

@jazzbone555 wrote:

I’m having the very same problem…when I went to plug it in for a charge, the screen remained dark and I can’t get it to respond at all. even after resetting it several times…do you have any ideas?

Have you tried a different USB port or computer?

Hey People,…This same thing just happened to for the second time in like 3 yrs since I had this thing,…The idea is to reset it by holding the power switch in the on postion for 15 secs,…I actually did mine for about 20…then release the the switch, then hold the power switch on again and it should power up,…It worked for me and I hope it works for you,…GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey People,…This same thing just happened to for the second time in like 3 yrs since I had this thing,…The idea is to reset it by holding the power switch in the on postion for 15 secs,…I actually did mine for about 20…then release the the switch, then hold the power switch on again and it should power up,…It worked for me and I hope it works for you,…GOOD LUCK!!!

yeah, i bought two.

one died suddenly on the 3rd day.

the other one died suddenly on the 9th.

i was just listening to an mp3 track, that’s it.

one is questionable…but two???

If you bought them new from a reputable seller, you are exceptionally unlucky. If you  bought refurbs, that’s the luck of the draw.

The warranty on a new unit is a year. 1-866-SANDISK.

@icyspring6 wrote:

yeah, i bought two.

one died suddenly on the 3rd day.

the other one died suddenly on the 9th.

i was just listening to an mp3 track, that’s it.

one is questionable…but two???

Highly improbable. Did you try resetting them?

1. Slide power switch on side to uppermost position.
  2. Hold for 30 seconds.
  3. Release and see if it will start up normally.

thank you sooooooooo much this worked for me!!! awesome:)

I mean, come on I bought it 3 hours ago I can’t open it and when I plug it permanently says ‘‘Critically low (0%)’’.

Not serious.

Call 1-866-SANDISK if you have problems with a new unit.

happy happy happy!!! You just saved me! my sansa couldnt turn on! the 15 seconds thing worked! THANK YOU

I just bought a new Sandisk Fuze+ 4G. I connected it to an Imac computer for charging. The display lighted up and showed usb icon on red background and the little battery symbol at the top. After charging for hours, (the battery symbol lights full green with lightning symbol) I disconnect it and try to turn it on. It won’t turn on.

I have tried all suggestions from the forum with holding down the power button for 15 or 30 seconds, and tried to hold the power button down quickly afterwords, but nothing helps.

I have now connected the Fuze+ to a pc, and have downloaded and installed firmware from the Sansa website. This didn’t do the trick either.

I must deliver the player with 93 songs for a customer tomorrow , who needs it for live playback with audience.

Please help !

-Sorkin