METADATA - Specifically original file date lost when copying files to iXpand

I have a question, how can I keep the original photo/video date when copying to iXpand, to my surprise I was doing a test copy and I it worked perfect! (it kept that file date). However, when I continue copying files now, they show with the date I am doing the copy instead the original date, the original date is lost. Is any setting in the iXpand app that I have to consider before copying files? When I do the backup through the Backup and Restore option it keeps the original date, but when I do copy manually (“copy files” option) it loses the original date. please help! Thank You!

Hi @AdryLee
Please follow the below link:

Title: Copy Files To and From SanDisk Phone Drive and iXpand Luxe Using USB Type-C Connector with Apple Files App
Link:Copy Files To and From SanDisk Phone Drive and iXpand Luxe Using USB Type-C Connector with Apple Files App

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:

It sounds like a frustrating issue with the iXpand app. To preserve the original photo and video dates when copying manually, you might need to explore specific settings within the iXpand app, although it seems there might not be a direct option for this. As an alternative, consider using EaseUS software like EaseUS MobiMover or EaseUS Todo Backup, which are designed for efficient data transfer and backup while maintaining original file attributes, including dates. These tools offer more control and reliability in preserving metadata during transfers.