Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

@marvin_martian wrote:

It was fully charged, and the estimated life listed in the System screen was 14 hours 51 minutes. And for what it’s worth,both my V1 and my V2, both 8GB models, are the silver color.:wink:

It took me a bit of searching the menus to find that bit of info.  lol 

I rockboxed my fuze a few days ago, so I’ve just got some of the basics down in learning how use it.  Installation was easy with the automatic install.  And learning how to use the basic functions of playing and browsing was quick.  Didn’t even have to really study the manual for that.  :smiley:

The battery life I posted came from running a few tests.  Just picking one song with a bit rate of 320 kbps and then 128 kbps and setting it on repeat for several hours, then checking the battery percentage.  I then compared the battery life after doing the same test for 128 kbps in the original firmware and the battery percentage was higher by 10%.

The next thing to do on my list is attempting to install a couple of games, like Bubbles and Jewels…

I wouldn’t trust the runtime estimation.  I’m not sure how well it works on the Fuze since we keep optimizing it.  

Edit:  I got 14:20 with SVN rockbox, and 16:20 with some newer code that hasn’t gotten into SVN yet on my seldem used Fuze V1.  

@mags1230 wrote:

The next thing to do on my list is attempting to install a couple of games, like Bubbles and Jewels…

I haven’t even looked at any of that stuff…I just listen to mine.:smiley:

@saratoga wrote:

I wouldn’t trust the runtime estimation.  I’m not sure how well it works on the Fuze since we keep optimizing it.  

Edit:  I got 14:20 with SVN rockbox, and 16:20 with some newer code that hasn’t gotten into SVN yet on mIy seldem used Fuze V1.  

I’m not terribly concerned with how accurate the runtime estimation  is, as I usually only use the Fuzes when I am home, and therefore near AC power.

I think a couple months back I was getting about 14.5 hours with the V1, and 14 hours 10 minutes  with my Clip+…of course, that was many builds ago, and I can’t find where I posted those numbers to be sure.

I’m going to try using the V1 at work next week, and see how it compares to my Clip+ battery life there.

The Clip+ is better then the Fuze V1 in rockbox right now.  Partly because the Clip+ uses a newer processor thats a lot more efficient, and partly because we can’t figure out where some of the power on the Fuze V1 is actually going so its a bit lower then it should be.  I think I got something like 17 hours on the clip+.

@saratoga wrote:

The Clip+ is better then the Fuze V1 in rockbox right now.  Partly because the Clip+ uses a newer processor thats a lot more efficient, and partly because we can’t figure out where some of the power on the Fuze V1 is actually going so its a bit lower then it should be.  I think I got something like 17 hours on the clip+.

But then there’s that damnable hum…

@roj wrote:

@saratoga wrote:

But then there’s that damnable hum…

Uh, what hum? I remember reading about some system noise people were hearing in the ClipV2, but there’s no noise in the Clip+. Mine have been Rockboxed since late July, and I use at least one of them every day, and there’s no noise.

@marvin_martian wrote:

Uh, what hum? I remember reading about some system noise people were hearing in the ClipV2, but there’s no noise in the Clip+. Mine have been Rockboxed since late July, and I use at least one of them every day, and there’s no noise.

What cans are you using?

@roj wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

What cans are you using?

Grado SR60i, Koss KSC75, and JVC Flats, mostly.

Yup, you’d hear the hum if it was there. :slight_smile: