How to delete playlists via the fuze itself?

@marqck wrote:

@eden100990 wrote:

i made m3u files by the computer, but every list dubbles itself when its transfered to to fuze, but its empty.

e.g  original playlist: red hot.m3u

fake: _red hot.m3u  >>>> empty! 

how can i delete it?

when looking the files via the computer i see only the original ones!

thanks! 

it’s your Mac OS’s fault… When OSX writes to a non-native file system (not HFS), that does not support resource forks, it writes extended info such as finder information into your _red hot.m3u and this file will be hidden 

@marqck wrote:

of course you can delete the file if you are using a windows PC.

let’s check the score:

Mac: 0

PC:   1

'windows users, use win media player… mac… well pay and find a solution.

at least for apple u pay and u have no problems.’

No problems? I think these folks might disagree with that stament:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/

Problem, after problem, after problem…

I have gone out of my way to avoid using the Fuze with my Mac… Its not worth the hassle… Thank God I am a PC living in a Mac world and I have my good old reliable desktop to save me… Lets just suffice it to say that if Apple didnt make it then Apple doesnt want you to use it on the Mac systems… Its kinda sad really.

"

a mac can copy extra files needed for finder to the device and this may be causing your ghost file issue. connect it to the computer and delete the trashes files and an others that are not the files you want on the device. not sure if this is your exact issue but it is worth a try. "

these files are not shown in the finder even when showing hidden files.

for the rest- you cant help then shut up, why spam this thread? whats the point of quoting saying nothing? god…

and instead of saying that ipod is bad [tho i have it for 5 years and no problems], show my why this sansa is worth the payment… 

@eden100990 wrote:

"

a mac can copy extra files needed for finder to the device and this may be causing your ghost file issue. connect it to the computer and delete the trashes files and an others that are not the files you want on the device. not sure if this is your exact issue but it is worth a try. "

these files are not shown in the finder even when showing hidden files.

for the rest- you cant help then shut up, why spam this thread? whats the point of quoting saying nothing? god…

and instead of saying that ipod is bad [tho i have it for 5 years and no problems], show my why this sansa is worth the payment… 

thank you for your help, sandisk community.

u may lock it, have a great day. 

@eden100990 wrote:

A bit testy, aren’t we? I doubt He had anything to do with it.

Some have had their share of fun in this thread, but you’ve received a lot of good advice and sincere help too. I know you’re frustrated, but I think you need to lighten up a bit.

The fact is it’s a Windows world out there, and frankly Apple’s products simply don’t ‘get along and play well with others’ some of the time. Not to say it’s impossible, but as pointed out in one of the helpful replies, it’s usually not automatic; you sometimes have to put some extra effort into making it work.

There is a kind soul who has gone to the trouble of spelling out the trials & tribulations in using a non-Pod .mp3 player in conjunction with a Mac computer. He is a member here, but hasn’t been around lately. If you haven’t stormed off in a huff, you may find his observations and recommendations helpful at his website. And yes, he confirms some of the same things that have been suggested to you here before.

Good Luck! It WILL work. You just need to ‘endeavor to persevere’. :wink: