How to delete playlists via the fuze itself?

i made m3u files by the computer, but every list dubbles itself when its transfered to to fuze, but its empty.

e.g  original playlist: red hot.m3u

fake: _red hot.m3u  >>>> empty! 

how can i delete it?

when looking the files via the computer i see only the original ones!

thanks! 

any solution?

hmm

I would format the player which will delete everything (not firmware or operating files) and start over.

but then when i will add playlist again i will have problem deleting them.

i have a problem which every playlist have an empty copy and i wish to delete it.

formatting then wont help.

any other ideas please? 

You’re obviously creating .m3u playlist files that your player doesn’t like. So you’ll want to figure that out, or try a different method of playlist generation before just loading the same kind that give your player problems again. Formatting will just give you a clean slate to start over from.

How are you creating the .m3u playlist files, and have you tried this way in Winamp? This works without any problems whatsoever for me.

i am running mac 10.5.7 and u wrote it for win…

@eden100990 wrote:

There’s your problem then.

Btw, you couldve saved a lot of time and back & forth if you had just said this in your 1st post.

================

Off-Topic: Happy 5000th post to me! :stuck_out_tongue:

@eden100990 wrote:

There’s your problem then.

Btw, you couldve saved a lot of time and back & forth if you had just said this in your 1st post.

as i asked somthing about the fuze and not about syncing with my computer, i dont think its important.

well i guess this pathetic MP3 player cannot be used on a mac

shame on you sandisk. having a mac is a problem for you…

@eden100990 wrote:

as i asked somthing about the fuze and not about syncing with my computer, i dont think its important.

Why is it shame on SanDisk? I say shame on Apple for their less common computers being less compatible with everything else that’s out there. Apple wants you to have an iPod if you have a Mac.:wink:

@eden100990 wrote:

You can use it on the Mac… you just have to do a little leg work. Look into the program VLC… It will allow you to create playlists as an m3u, then use KopyMac or some similar program to add your song files to the player, once thats done using the same program add your m3u file. Now you cant delete playlists from the player using the player, you have to connect it to the computer to do that.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@eden100990 wrote:

Why is it shame on SanDisk? I say shame on Apple for their less common computers being less compatible with everything else that’s out there. Apple wants you to have an iPod if you have a Mac.:wink:

what it has to do with apple? its sandisks responsibility…  

because any normal player is coming with a software where u can do whatever you need. why do i need to work so hard to have a playlist in my player?

i understand a bit in these stuff so i could find a way to make it work but with everyplaylist doubled.

windows users, use win media player… mac… well pay and find a solution.

at least for apple u pay and u have no problems. 

Message Edited by eden100990 on 08-04-2009 02:43 PM

take a look at this , this or this post. in the first someone wrote a script that you can use to export your itunes playlists for the clip (most likely will work for the fuze as well) the second and third have more info on using m3u playlists. 

Message Edited by drlucky on 08-04-2009 03:02 PM

thats what i do but every playlist has an empty twin. 

@eden100990 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@eden100990 wrote:

because any normal player is coming with a software where u can do whatever you need. why do i need to work so hard to have a playlist in my player?

i understand a bit in these stuff so i could find a way to make it work but with everyplaylist doubled.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@eden100990 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@eden100990 wrote:

This forum is turning me into a cynic, and fast.:neutral_face:

a mac can copy extra files needed for finder to the device and this may be causing your ghost file issue. connect it to the computer and delete the trashes files and an others that are not the files you want on the device. not sure if this is your exact issue but it is worth a try. 

@eden100990 wrote:

i made m3u files by the computer, but every list dubbles itself when its transfered to to fuze, but its empty.

e.g  original playlist: red hot.m3u

fake: _red hot.m3u  >>>> empty! 

how can i delete it?

when looking the files via the computer i see only the original ones!

thanks! 

it’s your Mac OS’s fault… When OSX writes to a non-native file system (not HFS), that does not support resource forks, it writes extended info such as finder information into your _red hot.m3u and this file will be hidden 

of course you can delete the file if you are using a windows PC.

let’s check the score:

Mac: 0

PC:   1