Here Today, Gone Tomorrow.

Well I needed a new mp3 player and all I can find at the nearest Best Buy was a Clip Sport. I kinda liked my Clip Pluses in spite of the poor software and poor battery life but still, I would have gotten another Clip+ because, well, it’s the devil I know. But there were none in the store and so I bought the Clip Sport.

On getting it home I found the manual online and learned that it only recognizez m3u playlists (not a big deal for me, personally) but that all playlists must be in the same folder as the files they reference! But I have all my music in arranged in folder hierarchies of more or less complexity, and to now have to make new playlists for all of them - and one playlist per folder! - is completely unacceptable.

So the Clip Sport is getting returned tomorrow.

Clip+ and Clip Zip players are available many places online, including Amazon.com–some nice deals on refurbs.  Sometimes the devil we know is good indeed.  :wink:

I believe if the playlist files (and the music files themselves) are both in the Music folder, regardless of sub-folders the music files may be in, it should work. At least that’s the way it’s worked in the past on other models. I haven’t had the opportunity to play with this on the Sport model.

1 Like

Tapeworm you are 100% correct! I do not know if I am allowed to post links to other forums but please see the thread at http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73848 where Skip252 was able to correct the information originally fomented by Sansa itself.

@miikerman wrote:

Clip+ and Clip Zip players are available many places online, including Amazon.com–some nice deals on refurbs.  Sometimes the devil we know is good indeed.  :wink:

True words were never spoken!