headphone jack

No matter which headphones I use, the headphone jack is very sensitive. If I move, I will not hear anything unless I jiggle the connector. I cannot insert the headphone connector all the way in because if I do, there is no sound.  If it is backed off a little bit, then it plays intermittenly. It is very hard to listen to only part of a book.

I am very disappointed as I have had it only 2 months.

Jean

When Sandisk players are new, the headphone jack is very tight, and it takes a slight amount of force to get the plug in completely. Many including myself didn’t initially realize this, and didn’t give the plug the bit of force it needs to get fully inserted. After the headphones are unplugged and replugged several times the jack will loosen up somewhat. 

You’re within the warranty period. Try a different pair of headphones, try putting it in a little more firmly, and if that doesn’t work call 1-866-SANDISK for a warranty replacement. 

Quick question here please. Isn’t the reseller the one responsible for the replacement?

At least in the U.S., a warranty repair/replacement typically is handled between the customer and manufacturer directly.  Although I have seen some warranty policies that say to return a warranty replacement item to the store/reseller from whom it was purchased–I can see the issues the stores would have with that, with cashiers never having done a transaction like that before. 

At least in the U.S., a warranty repair/replacement typically is handled between the customer and manufacturer directly.  Although I have seen some warranty policies that say to return a warranty replacement item to the store/reseller from whom it was purchased–I can see the issues the stores would have with that, with cashiers never having done a transaction like that before. 

It depends how long ago it was purchased. Some stores have a one week return period, while others have up to a month after purchase. Once the return period is over, you need to contact the manufacturer for replacement under the warranty.

But the warranty is a year. So call 1-866-SANDISK now.