Fuze "disconnects" during file transfer and stops transfering files.

I have a 8GB fuze version 02.02.26. I Use J River Media Center 143.0.118 to manage my music files, which are in FLAC format.  During a transfer of somewhere between 240 and 300 songs the screen on my Fuze will change from “writing” to “connected” and the file transfer will stop(freeze). I then have to disconnect the fuze, reconnect and try to begin again where the transfer left off. Has this happened to anyone else? It also seems as though the album art transfer is sporadic at best some album art displays some doesn’t??!

I store all my art in the album folders as a jpeg named “Folder.jpg” all of them show up in media center but only some on the fuze. 

My usb mode is MTP

I’m running Win XP Pro

Thanks,

Keith

have you tried syncing with windows media player(10or11)or media monkey, or some other mp3 syncer

(excuse the grammer)

kfrank wrote:

I have a 8GB fuze version 02.02.26. I Use J River Media Center 143.0.118 to manage my music files, which are in FLAC format.  During a transfer of somewhere between 240 and 300 songs the screen on my Fuze will change from “writing” to “connected” and the file transfer will stop(freeze). I then have to disconnect the fuze, reconnect and try to begin again where the transfer left off. Has this happened to anyone else? It also seems as though the album art transfer is sporadic at best some album art displays some doesn’t??!

I store all my art in the album folders as a jpeg named “Folder.jpg” all of them show up in media center but only some on the fuze. 

My usb mode is MTP

I’m running Win XP Pro

Thanks,

Keith

As far as your file transfer stopping, have you tried MSC mode for the USB mode? Might be interesting to try it, if only for troubleshooting purposes.

I have an MTP player that will occasionally freeze like that if I try dragging and dropping  large amounts of files onto it, but I can add multiple GB’s of files with MediaMonkey on the same player without issue.

As far as the album art, I have no experience with J.River…so I’m not sure how it works with the art.

I haven’t… I have been using j river Media Center for about 8 years now with other handhelds “trekstor vibez” “Rio Karma” with no problem. I’d probably change handhelds (dump my Fuze) If I find it doesn’t work with Media Center. But I also have posted my issue on the Media Center site to see if it might be an issue with their software.

Thanks though I’ll try media monkey if it handles flac files just to see what happens.

I actually did try MSC Mode and I experienced the same issue :cry:

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:53 PM

Thanks Tom I’ll try a different USB Port!