FM Recordings still show up after deleting!

@ewelot wrote:

I’d like to confirm the reported issue. I have noticed this a few weeks ago and should add that it is evident for ALL recordings: both FM and voice.

The Fuze seems to have a special way of keeping track of recordings, which is different from other music files. It seems very much that the “Refreshing media” message does not apply for recordings. I should give some more examples:

• If you backup all your files from the Fuze, format the device (by itself), put all your files back, than the Fuze doesn’t see any of your recordings. This was in fact the first time I encountered the problem.

• If you move a recording off the Fuze it will still remember this but will just skip to the next one. If there is no recorded file at all it will skip through the list of formerly present files and the last one will be visible on the main playback screen. It will display a track duration of 0:00. If you put the file(s) back in place, then the next time you start the Fuze all recordings can be played back just fine.

• If you move the RECORD folder off the device, the Fuze still believes all files are there.

Finally, the ONLY way to keep the Fuze’s internal knowledge of recordings in sync with the presence of real files is to delete recordings on the Fuze by itself.

I think this should be addressed in a future firmware update.

Short addition about how to delete ghost files (@blackdog-sansa: I like your term!):

• on the PC create a file of exactly the same name as the ghost entry you can’t get rid on the Fuze, e.g. FM97_2-050709-205546.WAV in my case of a former FM recording. You don’t need any content in it, a file size of 0 byte will make it.

• connect your Fuze to the PC (I did it in MSC mode)

• copy/move this file to the Fuze, in my case into the RECORD/FM folder.

• disconnect the Fuze from your PC

• delete the ghost file entry on the Fuze

Now it works because of the presence of the faked WAV file!

I know, it is cumbersome and by no means acceptable handling but will save you from stronger measures like formatting the device.