Files opened from Extreme Portable 1TB cease to be accessible after about 15mins

As title. The files are still there, it’s only that I will need to close and open again. Not fatal, but really annoying.
Anyone knows how to fix it?
Thanks.

Hi @Siliconmosaic,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:

@Keerti_01
Not yet. Will do. Thanks for the reply
Kurt

Have you fixed it? If yes, then can you please tell me how you fixed it?

Hi Sandra,
The supporting team asked me to format the disk and see if it works. I did and it seemed to work initially. However, after a few days, same situation happened again. However, I was too busy, did not follow up with them after that.
You might want to try and see if it works.

"I’ve had similar issues with external drives in the past. It’s always annoying when you can’t access your files. SanDisk Extreme SSD Failure: Tips to Prevent from Further Damage

Thanks for your help. I got their feedback. SanDisk suggestion is that, the portable SSD is suitable for a vault only. So, it’s better to copy the file to local computer for editing and save it back when done.
Well, kind of resolving the problem…
Best,
Kurt

Hi Sandra,
I got their latest feedback. SanDisk suggestion is that, the portable SSD is suitable for a vault only. So, it’s better to copy the file to local computer for editing and save it back when done.
Well, kind of resolving the problem…
Best,
Kurt