"File format not supported" randomly appears

In having the same issue on mines too i think it’s a firmware bug

For me, that message stays on until battery dies, and is not LETTING me get out of it.

The only thing I can do:

Mount storage to my tablet

Use “MNTCMD” to inject commands, if the tablet recognizes the device or not

This is UI and everything, copied from MNTCMD

Use this code:

/brws slt.3

/inj stp-scrn-9

Injecting…

Done

/hrd-rbot slt.3

Force a hard reboot? [Y/N]

Y

Rebooting…

Done

/ext

Are you sure? [Y/N]

Y

I have this problem on 2 Clip Jam players. The new one started doing it a few months after buying.

• music will suddenly stop playing & when I look at the Clip Jam it says either “File format not supported” or “card not recognised, please re-insert”

At this point I might be able to reset or get it working again, but generally not & I have to use the internal memory. Later it will work normally again for roughly 1-5 days & then happen again.

The first player I had started doing this & it got increasingly often until ultimately it just would not work with an SD card at all.

I bought a new one & all was fine at first, but then it started doing the same thing.
I have several Sandisk 16gb class 10 cards & it doesnt seem to matter which card I use.
All my files are mp3. I can listen to a particular album one day & its fine, the next it has this problem. Then fine again - so i dont think its the files, but the player itself.

My firmware is 1.15 but I cant update because it seems to be windows only & I don’t own a computer with Windows.

I have it too.