DRM License Not Available

I also started having this problem and called a tech at sandisk (866-726-3475). They had me upload new firmware to my sandisk+.  The website is  http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-02-37-01/td-p/226238 . Scroll down and click on the MANUAL firmware update. Click save file, open in containing folder, right click name and extract all, then another window comes up, click yes to save extractions. Another screen comes up and it says “firmware.sb”. You now need to plug in your sandisk+ into the laptop and go to computer, double click on the sandisk icon, double click on storage. you should now see a bunch of folders. go back to the “firmware.sb” folder, right click copy. go back to your sandisk storage folder. you want to paste the information you just copied on the BLANK SPACE in the folder. do  NOT paste it into or on any of the folders. so right click on the BLANK SPACE and paste. Once that is done pasteing you can unhook your sandisk+ and it should say firmare updating on your sandisk.

I hope this helps and i didn’t skip any steps.

this has helped me for now, hopefully it will continue to work.

Thanks!