Does anyone here know when Rockbox will be available for the Fuze?

So… By The End of the Month Still?

@sansafix wrote:
estimate 2 weeks.

Schweeet!

Thank you, sansafix!

@sansafix wrote:
After our next release you might not need Rockbox :slight_smile:

Sounds like something really big is coming up, like a total interface re-design to match the new logo.

Hey, you never know.:wink:

@sansafix wrote:

That’s awesome! I’m sick and tired of listening to “this firmware sux” …“I want gapless” …“I want Rockbox”…“I want folder view”

Get over yourselves people…The Fuze is a great player as is…any improvements in a new firmware are just a bonus. Thanks in advance for the improvements  sansafix

oO( my, I’m cranky this morning)

@marvin_martian wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

That’s awesome! I’m sick and tired of listening to “this firmware sux” …“I want gapless” …“I want Rockbox”…“I want folder view”

Get over yourselves people…The Fuze is a great player as is…any improvements in a new firmware are just a bonus. Thanks in advance for the improvements  sansafix

oO( my, I’m cranky this morning)

No, you are not cranky… Your feelings are exactly the same as mine…  The fuze is a fantastic product just the way it is; and the improvements are welcome, but not essential to my enjoyment of such a nice device.

I’m still amazed at how open this forum is.  I’m involved with several manufacturer/software forums, and many times the developers or admins (company reps) just simply delete posts that complain too much about the product or demand changes.  Be thankful, peeps…:wink:

Fascinating!  Mr. Spock definitely raises his eyebrow over this one!

Looking forward to the next release!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

I think Mr. Spock would indeed raise his eyebrow…because surely all this sniping about the

Fuze and Clip is not logical :wink:

Nimoy always said it best, “Indeed, Captain!”

@neutron_bob wrote:

Nimoy always said it best, “Indeed, Captain!”

But why is he pulling the leg off that cat?

Hmm, I can’t wait to see what’s in the next release! :smiley:

Wow… Spock… cat… what?

@saxmaster765 wrote:
Wow… Spock… cat… what?

Easy: Spock = smart, cat = Schrodinger’s Cat, box = potential death trap for cat…

Spocks just trying to be logical and actually do Schrodinger’s cat experiment… (How do you think the warp drives work?)

Edit: The original line from Scotty was “But Captian, I’ve given her all the cats we’ve got!”

Message Edited by dschaper on 03-18-2009 11:24 PM

@dschaper wrote:

Edit: The original line from Scotty was “But Captian, I’ve given her all the cats we’ve got!”

Message Edited by dschaper on 03-18-2009 11:24 PM

Actually, the line from Scotty was : “But Captain, I’ve given/not given her all the cats we’ve got/not got!”

Geez, nerd humor.

prob in 1 year or so 4 a stable version

@neutron_bob wrote:

“Why Mr. Spock . . . I didn’t know Vulcans had such lovely p***ys.”

:stuck_out_tongue:

@neutron_bob wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

Oh, will we be able to sort by « album artist », in addition of « song artist »?

And have utf-8 support for mp3 tags? (I’d like to be able to write “cœur” correctly, not change it to “coeur”)

And correct alphabetical order? (“Ça ne finira jamais” should be in C, not after Z).

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you help rockbox developpers? I think it would be in your interest to have rockbox working on fuze: rockbox lovers would buy sansa players instead of other brands!! I would have thought this to be a win-win situation…

@flocon wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

Oh, will we be able to sort by « album artist », in addition of « song artist »?

And have utf-8 support for mp3 tags? (I’d like to be able to write “cœur” correctly, not change it to “coeur”)

And correct alphabetical order? (“Ça ne finira jamais” should be in C, not after Z).

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you help rockbox developpers? I think it would be in your interest to have rockbox working on fuze: rockbox lovers would buy sansa players instead of other brands!! I would have thought this to be a win-win situation…

Actually, Sansa players are incredibly popular in the Rockbox world already. Just not the newest Sansas yet :wink: