Copy files, pics etc to new computer

can I use ultra USB 3.0 (128 GB) to transfer all files, pics,etc from my old computer running Windows vista to my new computer running Windows 10? Packaging does not show Windows 10 as system/software compatible. Also how do I get all my favorites, contacts, emails, addresses, preferences, etc to transfer.

thanks in advance

If Vista supports the exFAT drive format the answer is yes.  But use standard Windows Explorer to copy and paste files from one drive to the other.  Don’t use the SecureAccess app.

Thanks for response. As for my question on getting my favorites, emails, contacts on to Windows 10 computer do I just find those files (like favorites,etc) on my old computer and just copy them onto the USB drive and then paste like a regular file? You can tell I am a novice here. 

my question on getting my favorites, emails, contacts on to Windows 10 computer do I just find those files (like favorites,etc) on my old computer and just copy them onto the USB drive and then paste like a regular file?

Favorites is a folder, and can be copied from one system’s IE system to another.  I believe it’s in the C:\Users_uruserid_\Favorites. Copy the whole folder to the USB drive then to the Windows 10 system.

As for emails & contacts & etc I don’t know.   a. I don’t know what software you used on XP and b. if it was Windows email software it has been dropped in Windows 10.  You will need to find a new email app.  And it may, or may not, support importing the files from XP but that is more useful if you are upgrading an XP system rather than replacing it.  See if your email app supports exporting it’s files or backing them up.

And now you see why people don’t like change.  lol

See if a local college has any tech students that might be willing to help you.

Thanks again. You were right I found favorites and contacts files as you described. As for windows Mail folders, I found mine under C/program files (x86)/windows mail When logged on to my windows Vista computer. When I open the winmail.exe I see all my E Mails and when logged on to my wife’s account i find her’s under the same thread  C/program files (x86)/windows mail and when I click the winmail.exe in this case I see her mail. Think I will just try to copy each of these file to new windows 10 computer and see what happens. So I will need a new e mail app in your judgement? Any suggestions and thanks again