Compare Fuze+ to previous model

Am planning to purchase Fuze or Fuze+ primarily to store my digitized vinyl collection. Prefer to get the model with best audio quality (using WMA or FLAC), ability to file albums by type of music, ease of album selection and, of course, reliability.

Can you comment as to how Fuze and Fuze+ models compare in these areas?

They are two entirely different critters. The Fuze+ is actually more like the Sansa View II. It’s  more oriented toward video, has a touch screen instead of a wheel, etc. If you look at the Fuze + board people are complaining about glitches. It’s still a v1.x device.

I’d go with the Fuze, which has fine sound quality and, if you don’t want to use tags, folder navigation.Mine’s going strong after two years. There will be glitches, as with any pocket gizmo, but they can usually be fixed with a format or firmware update.

You might look at www.anythingbutipod.com , which does a lot of comparisons.

@piper298 wrote:

Am planning to purchase Fuze or Fuze+ primarily to store my digitized vinyl collection. Prefer to get the model with best audio quality (using WMA or FLAC), ability to file albums by type of music, ease of album selection and, of course, reliability.

Can you comment as to how Fuze and Fuze+ models compare in these areas?

The fuze+ is still very much a work-in-progress.

For ease and reliability, I recommend the fuze.  It handles FLAC very well and the sound quality is great.  You can easily browse by genre or by folder view (with a firmware update). 

It has a song limit of 8,000 (after firmware update and format via the player itself to allow the database to be able to increase in size to hold that maximum).  A 32gb microsdhc card can be used, which is great to store FLAC.