Clip Long File Time Display Issues

not everyone is satisfied with doing the obvious.

Message Edited by Enigma on 11-15-2007 05:55 PM

Guys,

We are studying the issues related to OverDrive and Netlibrary.  It appears that a solution to the FF and resume problem will take another few weeks.  The next release out will fix long MP3 file audiobooks and the timer will indicate hours properly.  Thanks for the patience,  and look for the new firmware on the Updater soon.

Hello,

I noticed when playing 2 hour + clip that not only did the hour digit never change but go up to 99 minutes than when back to zero. The player did hold the place I was at when I powered off but If I ever went to a different track I would have to carefully watch the display when fast fowarding since 5 minutes would look the same as 105 minutes elapsed.

Please update the firmware to 1.01.17,  it fixed the hours digit issue.

Message Edited by sansafix on 11-19-2007 12:25 PM

This upgrade may have fixed the display issue, however SOMETIMES (it works every now and then) you are still unable to fastfoward for a sustained period of time - if you do, it just skips to the next song after releasing the button (as if you just pressed it down quickly for next song).

I’ve been able to fast forward to the 3.5 hour point before, but i can’t seem to do it consistently. Is this a firmware issue, or my inability to press the fast forward correctly?

On an unrelated note, is it possible for the sansa to remember your song position after switching back and forth from different files?

What’s the status on firmware upgrades to handle netlibrary and overdrive audio books

1.01.29 should work well.

I’ve been searching for a week now, maybe you can help me out.

I have the Sansa Clip. Updated to newest software. 

I can’t get it to play audiobooks in the right order.

It will play disk1 1-12,disk2 1-12

instead of disk 1-1-12,disk1 2-12

So it basically just skips to the next disk instead of the next chapter.

Make sure the “album” tag is the same for all parts and play around with both the “title” and “track number” tags using MP3Tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) until you get the results you want.  (not sure I have the tag names right).  I don’t have my Clip with me right now to play around so let us know what works.  Good luck.

Was this issue ever truly resolved? I am seeing a very similar issue with firmware 01.01.30A. I am listening to an audiobook MP3 that is 11:59:30 hrs long. Everytime I resume listening its off by an hour or so, and I have to rewind it back about 1/2 hour (seems like 1/2 hr of displayed time = 1 hr of listening time). The player currently says I am on 3:37:03. In media player, its actually over 6 hrs in. I pause the book and let the player power off from inactivity, then when I power it back on and hit resume I have to rewind to 3:03:00 to get back to where I left off. Very annoying. Confirmed on 2 seperate sansa clip players, both at firmware version 01.01.30A.