Can't play - license expired

What does this mean?  I do a hard 30-second reset (holding power for 30s), reconnect to WiFi, and still shows the same error and won’t play the DRM songs on the device. 

where did you get the DRM songs from?

Through my Yahoo! Music subscription.

Are you still paying for that subscription?

Yes.  I can get Internet Radio just fine, as well as many of the DRM songs on the player.  This happens about once per month, where ~50% of the songs report “Can’t play - license expired.”  I know my subscription is paid up because my credit card is charged and my PC-based Yahoo! application runs fine.

Weird.  I can figure it out.  Sorry about it then.

sregan wrote:
Yes.  I can get Internet Radio just fine, as well as many of the DRM songs on the player.  This happens about once per month, where ~50% of the songs report “Can’t play - license expired.”  I know my subscription is paid up because my credit card is charged and my PC-based Yahoo! application runs fine.

have you tried connecting the device to the computers and re syncing the licences from there?

I shouldn’t need to, right?  That’s the whole point of this device’s media experience.   I’m sure there’s some algorithm here, and if I could get some other user experiences here I could figure out how to avoid this issue.

He is right.  Each month you need to sync it so the songs will work.

sregan wrote:
I shouldn’t need to, right?  That’s the whole point of this device’s media experience.   I’m sure there’s some algorithm here, and if I could get some other user experiences here I could figure out how to avoid this issue.

i agree with you but it was just a suggestion try it and let us know if you are then able to listen to the subscription music.

How do I “sync” it?

Hook the Connect up to your PC, let Y! Music Jukebox detect it, click on the Sansa Connect icon in Jukebox, click the “synchronize” button.

Is it possible to do this WITHOUT hooking it to a PC?  I’m trying to see how much I can do without ever hooking it to a PC.  Thanks.

Hi Sregan,

Songs acquired through Yahoo Music Jukebox and then loaded onto your Sansa Connect will need to be re-licensed by connecting your device to the computer.  I believe this is the problem you are running into.  Songs acquired over the air to your Sansa Connect will re-license by simply connecting to a WiFi connection. 

I suggest you connect your Sansa Connect to your computer, and open YMJ.  Make sure you log into your Yahoo Music account so that you are authenticated as a subscribed user.  It shouldn’t take more then 10 mins to re-license your songs.  Remember, DRM protected songs require re-licensing once a month. 

Let us know how this works for you.

-ML

Are you serious?  This can’t be the case.  I have down loaded every song I have over wi-fi.  It would be really dumb if you could download music wirelessly, but had to relicense over a wired connection.

This can’t be the case.  Anyone from Sansa care to comment?

It seems that when I start Syncing, Yahoo Music Jukebox will try to transfer all of downloaded songs to my Sansa Connect; however, my Sansa does not have the capacity to store all the songs.  What should I do to refresh the songs stored on my Sansa Connect?

If you synced the subscription songs to the Sansa Connect using Yahoo! Music Jukebox, you will need to use YMJ to update the licenses.

Content downloaded via WiFi will update licenses via WiFi.

Here’s what happened to me.

I have never loaded music over USB on my Sansa.  I’ve never synced it.  I also know for a fact that the music that is experiencing the license expired was never part of any play list on that I ever created using YMJ.   This is all mix music.

Tonight I was listening to music and the paused it without turning off.  About an hour later I attempted to turn the Connect on.  Instead of getting the fast start up, the player did a full reboot.  When I tried playing music every single song on the player complained about not being licensed.  My Sansa then couldn’t connect to my Wifi. 

Ultimately I had to power cycle my access point.  The connect then was able to connect to Yahoo.  About 10 minutes later all of the songs were magically licensed.  So there are cases where wifi only songs get unlicensed.  I’m afraid this don’t shed much light on your situation.  Are you connected to Yahoo?  Your password hasn’t changed has it?