Can playback video on camera but not download

Hi

 I shot some video on a Canon EOS sl1 and have not been able to download the footage on a card reader, macbook pro card slot, or via the Camera usb. i can play it back in camera and can download it via hdmi but that camera does not have “clean” hdmi so the video ends up with timecode on it. 

  I noticed a chip in the corner of the card near where it plugs into the camera on the right side. Not contacts are damaged. 

does anyone have any ideas on how I can retrieve this footage?

Heath

There is a possibility that your camera has created a RAW or BRAW video, which can only be accessed with the Canon camera. You should check whether you have enabled ‘View Hidden Files’ on your PC. You can also try exporting the video in a familiar video format on the camera itself; I think this will solve the issue, and you’ll be able to transfer it to your PC.

2 Likes