Can I create folders on my Clip?

Hey everybody. I have a Sony Walkman MP3 player. What I do with it is use Windows explorer to create directories. I then drop my MP3s into them. Then on the Sony I can view these folders and the songs contained in them.

I bought each of my sons Clips for Christmas. I was hoping to be able to do the same thing with them. I have downloaded the most current firmware and have set them up MSC mode. I can see them as an additional drive in explorer and create folders. However while I can see these folders thru explorer, I can’t see them on the Clip.

Any ideas or is what I’m trying to do not an option with the Clip?

Thanks,

Jerry

Message Edited by jds22 on 12-30-2007 03:16 PM

all sandisk mp3 players read the id3tag information so even if they are in folders you will not see them display this way on the clip. You can however choose categories such as artist, album , songs , and genres which will organize the music accordingly and also make playlists

As you may have seen here, a folder view is a much-requested option.  My last SanDisk player didn’t have it and I think I read that SanDisk does not generally go that way.  But who knows what could happen; Sandisk has been responsive in providing firware upgrades.

Ok, thanks.

Jerry