battery life

Yes, I was wondering too how long the battery life is to be expected on the fuze. And when it won’t recharge anymore then what?

15 hours playing 128kb music files.

Life will vary depending on the quality of your music files and radio playback.

Clip is 15 hours,  Fuze is 24+ hours.

@annabell wrote:
Yes, I was wondering too how long the battery life is to be expected on the fuze. And when it won’t recharge anymore then what?

I read that someone tested it and it lasted 20-21 hours, but I think that’s great. So 20-24 hours works for me.   I haven’t had my battery go all the way down. One weekend, no charging, it went half way.  Even with watching videos, it hasn’t went down.  I’m enjoying that part, the display is sooo nice (and watching videos wasn’t even a main reason for me to buy an MP3).

I read here Overall Battery Life (years)  that when it won’t recharge, then that’s the end of the mp3 player, currently there isn’t a way to replace the battery.  BUT someone said they had an older iPod and at 12 hour life (to start with) it lasted 3-4 years.  And when it won’t recharge much I’m guessing you could always transfer onto a new MP3 player (SanDisk for me, of course!) before it completely dies.

I bet SanDisk would replace the battery for you for a nominal charge, if you didn’t want to upgrade to whatever the new tech is a few years down the road.