Are there any plans for adding SRS audio to the the Sansa line?

Audio quality.

This is one area where my iRiver player still beats my Sansa players, hands down.

SRS makes a huge difference and it would be awesome if Sansa would use it again.

They already have. I have one and it is great. cannot remember the model #. It is white and blue and almost square-shaped. That is the main reason I bought it years ago. the only mp3 player that could come close to it sonically was the original Apple Shuffle(?) (the one that looks like a stick of gum). The output stage of that unit was more like a push-pull transistor configuration that lend it rave reviews from audiophiles. but they discontinued it on subsequent models (shuttle and everything else). I think it was because the sound quality of their cheapest player (the Shuttle) was better than anything else they sold; bad press when it became common knowledge.

I do not know why Sansa discontinued it from their line of players though. The Sansa line my player belongs to was the only one I know of that used SRS.

Wonder how much I can get from it on EBay. still works/looks great. but i do not listen to music on the go very much now;just audiobooks where even 64kbps sounds pretty good.

Message Edited by noki on 10-22-2008 07:50 AM

@tmarkoski wrote:

Audio quality.

This is one area where my iRiver player still beats my Sansa players, hands down.

SRS makes a huge difference and it would be awesome if Sansa would use it again.

:dizzy_face:  Really?  I’ve never heard iRiver mentioned in any discussions of top sound qualitly players.  Maybe you mean sound customizablility?  I would definitely agree that many other players have far more EQ and sound shaping options, but for actual sound quality, the Clip & Fuze are tough to beat.

@skinjob wrote:

@tmarkoski wrote:

Audio quality.

:dizzy_face:  Really?  I’ve never heard iRiver mentioned in any discussions of top sound qualitly players.  Maybe you mean sound customizablility?  I would definitely agree that many other players have far more EQ and sound shaping options, but for actual sound quality, the Clip & Fuze are tough to beat.

That doesn’t surprise me since iRiver’s precipitous decline in the market.

4 years ago, people raved about the audio quality of the iRiver player’s.

SRS makes a huge difference in the overall listening experience.

While my Sansa units are nice, the audio is “colored” and not as robust as my iRiver player.