4 TB Extreme Portable SSD - Slow loading and deleting and random long pauses in playback

Hi,

After working well for several months, my Extreme Portable SSD 4 TB has started:

• Very slow loading of files. Video files take 10-20 sec or more before beginning playback

• Video files will randomly pause for 10 or more sec.

• Deleting files take 10 or more seconds.

• This happens with different media playing software. The deleting problem happens with different file file managers.

• I don’t see any of these problems with other (non SanDisk SSD drives or HD drives).

The drive has 2.2 TB free.

This is very frustrating. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks!

Hi @puzzler,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:

1 Like

The problem seems to beting worse. I have submitted a Support ticket. Hopefully, they will be able to address this.

Thanks!

The slow loading, deleting, and random long pauses in playback on a 4TB Extreme Portable SSD may be due to hardware limitations, storage capacity fragmentation, software issues, background tasks, file system issues, or overheating. To resolve the problem, consider updating firmware and drivers, performing defragmentation, checking for background tasks, enabling the TRIM command, using a compatible USB port, and ensuring sufficient power supply.
If you have any data lost issue visit SanDisk Extreme SSD Failure: Tips to Prevent from Further Damage

1 Like